D.A.D.A.

(I noticed that Moody hasn't been included at all in this story. So I'm going back and adding this in so he's important. Those of you just tuning in, ignore me and Welcome!)

~Tessa's POV~

We walked into defense against the dark arts in silence. I sat down at an empty table and Draco sat next to me.

Harry gave us a look and I scowled slightly, putting on my usual act.

Professor Moody then walked into the classroom.

He walked to the front of the room, chugged from his flask and the began writing on the board roughly.

"Defense Against the Dark Arts. You are in here because you need to learn how to defend yourselves. Because you need to know the spells needed to defeat challenges. You need to find a better place for your gum than the underside of your desk Mr. Finnegan!" He yelled before chucking the chalk at Seamus.

We laughed a little while Seamus questioned his existence. (😂)

"Now. Who can tell me the three forbidden spells?" He asked, looking over the class. His magic eye swiveling around.

Hermione hesitantly raised her hand. "The imperius curse.." she said once Moody looked at her.

He nodded and took a spider thing out of a jar. He enlarged it then casted the first forbidden spell on it.

He then lifted it with his wand

"Using this spell, I can manipulate any creature to do my bidding" he said, making the spider fly around the class.

He had it fly onto people desks and onto Ron's head. Draco laughed at Ron's discomfort and Moody directed it onto his face.

Draco made strange noises of discomfort then Moody put the spider in front of me. I tightly gripped Draco's arm as it crawled closer to me.

It's no secret that I hate spiders.

Moody then moved it back onto his desk and released it from his curse.

I still had my death grip on Draco's arm when this happened.

"Get your hand off of me Potter" he hissed coldly. I knew he was just acting.

I rolled my eyes and let go of his arm.

"Mr. Longbottom!" Moody announced, squaring in on Neville.

"I believe you know the next curse" he said, gesturing for Neville to stand

Neville hesitantly stood and walked up to Moody's desk

"Th-The Cursiatis curse.." Neville stammered. (#flawlessspelling)

Moody smirked and pointed his want at the spider.

"Crucio!" He yelled. The spider rived in agony and made a high pitched screaming noise.

Neville visibly flinched and cringed at the sight of the spider.

"Stop it!" I yelled, standing up

"Can't you see that it's bothering him??" Hermione spoke up.

Moody blinked a couple of times and released the spider. He set it on Hermione's book.

"Can you tell me the last spell Miss. Granger?" He asked

"The killing curse.." she said, staring at the spider

"Correct. Avada kedabra!" He hissed and the spider was dead in an instant (#moreflawlessspelling)

"The killing curse is known to kill every man or woman it touches. Only two people have ever been known to survive. And they're sitting in this room." Moody said. His good eye looked at Harry and his magic one looked at me.

We glanced at each other silently.

~Later~

"It's despicable! He can't possibly be allowed to teach those spells" Hermione said angrily.

We passed Neville, who was looking out the window and stopped.

"Are you alright Neville?" I asked him, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder. He shook his head slightly

Moody lumbered down the stairs. "Longbottom. Come with me. I want to talk to you" he said.

Neville squeaked a little then followed Moody up the stairs.

I glanced at the three standing next to me quietly

(There we go and now Moody actually exists)