Chapter 4:

A/N: Hey guys, sorry it's been so long since my last update, but I've been super busy with summer school, work and everything. Anyways, this chapter is a little longer than the other ones, to make up for it. So here you go, enjoy chapter four. I promise that I will try to keep a better writing schedule for the next chapter.

- Harper E. Pierce

Six months later...

"You guys haven't been doing your job! I told you that you have to train them to become apart of the team!" Director Fury fumed. Four of the six original Avengers sat in a meeting room in the tower with Fury and Hill. The Director had been on them about the girls going out on missions.

"But we have been training them!" Clint began.

"Then explain to me why they're not even being trained with their powers yet?!" The Director tested them.

"They're not ready yet," Steve argued.

"They're not ready yet?! Steve, they don't even want to be here!" Natasha told the blonde.

"What are you talking about?" Fury asked them.

"Spencer thinks she's smarter than everyone else, Edwards is afraid of hurting a fly, Whiteson is way overspending her money, and that says a lot coming from me. Wells keeps on disappearing every few nights for some unknown reason. Don't even get me started on Atkinson, and Hart takes off on us constantly. We always have to send Barnes and Romanoff off to track her down! The only one of them who hasn't been a complete pain in the ass is Adams!" Tony tiraded as while pacing the floor.

"We've also been reading files from the therapy sessions each one of them has been having," Hill added, opening up one of the files, "none of the girls have progressed in their mental health at all. Some of them won't talk about the things that are bugging them, which is what the point of therapy is. In fact, we don't even have data on one of them! Hart is refusing to talk during her sessions."

"I had no idea," Steve looked flabbergasted.

"Seriously?!" Natasha looked over at Steve with surprise, "Lexi takes off, doesn't talk to anyone, locks herself up in her room and always has a gun on her. Tell me again that you had no idea."

"Should one of us talk to her?" Clint suggested.

"Do you really think she's going to say anything to us if she's not saying anything to her therapist?" Tony asked them.

"You need to get them using their powers."

"Tell that to Edwards. We still make her spar, but she only defends herself, she doesn't do any attack damage to her opponent. She doesn't want to hurt anyone,"

"I don't care who is refusing to learn to use their powers! If they don't master how to fight and control their powers, HYDRA can and likely will take them again, and then we will have more problems with assets of HYDRA. You saw what happened with the Winter Soldier, Captain Rogers, I do not think you want that to happen again." Fury warned them. "Get them using their powers or there will be consequences. Do I make myself clear?"

"Crystal." Clint gritted his teeth.

"Good. Dismissed." Everyone walked out of the room in frustration. They had been asking the girls to listen and trying to grab their attention with sincerity. They were fragile, or so the Avengers thought. Steve wanted them to feel comfortable and train at the same time, but it wasn't working out. It looks like fragile wasn't doing anything. They all headed to the training room, where the girls were either working on their cardio or beating the crap out of a punching bag.