Chapter 5:

A/N: Hey guys! I am SO SORRY for taking the LONGEST. TIME. EVER to update! I should've warned you all that I was going on vacation for a couple of weeks, and I wasn't back until about a week ago. I made chapter five a little longer for you guys because I'm a jerk for leaving you all without telling you for seven whole weeks. I'm so sorry:(.

Anyways, just a little pointless news about my life; I MET IAN SOMERHALDER AND PAUL WESLEY ON SATURDAY!!! IT WAS SO FREAKING COOL!!!!

Here's chapter five, I hope you enjoy!

- Harper E. Pierce

"I was sleepwalking," Lexi lied completely naturally, the false words rolling off of her tongue.

"Oh, okay." Tris turned to leave, believing the lie when Lorelei grabbed the back collar of her shirt and spun her around. "Ow, what the hell was that for?!"

"She's lying, you gullible idiot." Tori rolled her eyes at the woman, "someone as genius as you should've seen right through that."

"Shut up, both of you!" Lorelei snapped at the girls.

"Tell us the truth, Hart." Steve asked her. Lexi opened her mouth to say something, but was cut off harshly by Bucky's next words.

"You're still spying for HYDRA, aren't you?!" Bucky's glare turned to ice. She looked back at him, eyes painted with rage, fear and... sadness. She hung her head and sighed.

"If only you knew..." she sighed as she attempted to speed past Steve and the girls, but Bucky shot up behind her and grabbed her arm, stopping her.

"Knew what?" He spat, "you've said that twice now, and we don't know what you mean! None of us do, Hart!"

"Go screw yourself," she shot back, attempting to rip her arm back from his grasp. He narrowed his eyes at her.

"Steve, get out." Bucky told his friend harshly, not looking up from Lexi's equally cold stare. "Take the girls with you."

"Bucky, what are you doing?" Skylar asked with concern.

"Just... trust me." His voice began to raise. Steve nodded and pulled the girls out of the room, having to pull at Tori more than the other because of her general nosiness. Once the door was shut behind them, Bucky let go of her.

"If only I knew what?" He asked again.

"Like I said, go screw yourself," she seethed, turning towards the door. Bucky thought about his approach for the moment. He was angry and confused, what had she done to him? But looking back to when he was in the girls' positions, when he was the new, clueless ex-HYDRA asset, he began to pity her. He saw right through her cold and unapproachable demeanor, while no one else did. Because he was her at one point. And still was, to some degree.

"Hart, I can see right through you," he said to her, much softer than before. It stopped her dead in her tracks. "You're cold, unapproachable, angry, untrusting... I was you. I still am you. But I want to know why. I want to know if I can help you, even if you don't want it. Why you've taken being with HYDRA so harshly compared to the others. If you don't want to talk, fine, I won't force you to. But I also want to know who you are, behind the mask you wear. The real, Alexis Hart, because none of us know, and most of us think that this is who you are. And something tells me you don't want to be the person everyone thinks you are," he spoke sincerely.

Lexi managed to stifle a gasp. She couldn't believe it. How could he... how did he see right through her? To most, she could be described as a black cloud of thick smoke, mysterious, dark, secretive. But to him, she was as transparent as glass. There was no point in trying to hide anything anymore, he knew what she was. She hung her head, tears falling her beautiful blue eyes. She didn't want to face him.