Chapter 35:

A/N: Hey my dudes! Here's a chapter to resolve your boredom for about thirty minutes. Sorry about the long update, I went away for a bit and decided to write the second I came back. At least I'll have a ton of time now that quarantine is a thing. Hopefully, the next chapter will be out soon. Have fun reading!

- Harper E. Pierce

Within the twenty-three days after Thanos had used the stones, the Avengers had spent most of it counting how many they'd lost from Earth and who was lost. They had lost hope of ever finding Tony until someone looking for Fury had shown up in the area. Her name was Carol Danvers, another alien, but she looked much like she was from Earth. She was extremely powerful, probably the most powerful Avenger that they knew of. They could only tell her that Fury had died in the snap, but they also enlisted her help in finding Tony, as she was the only one of them that could go into space. She'd gone looking, but it had been days.

Lorelei spent most of those days cooped up in her room, refusing to be seen by anyone. She felt responsible for the death of her friends, and the loss of billions of people across the world. She failed. She hated feeling like a failure. She'd hit her lowest point in life. But she wondered why she was the one that survived. She was the weakest of her friends, from what she knew, she was stuck as the one who's eyes wouldn't change colour, she was the one whose powers would stay the same for the rest of her life. She wouldn't stand a chance at defeating Thanos, he'd kill her in an instant. But that didn't matter now. He was gone, nowhere to be found. There was no way they'd get him now. They lost. It didn't matter now. But suddenly, Steve barged into the room.

"The building is shaking. It's coming from outside, c'mon," he said. She followed him outside to see what looked like a spaceship landing. Carol was holding it from the bottom, landing it on the ground. Hope struck Lorelei's heart that Tori was alive. They opened the hatch on the door and let it down. A skinny, malnourished looking Tony was helped out of the ship, and another alien-looking woman named Nebula followed. Steve grabbed ahold of Tony to help him out. For the first time since their feud, they saw each other.

"Couldn't stop him," Tony sighed.

"Neither could I," Steve replied grimly. Lorelei ran over to them.

"Where are the others? Tori? Peter?" She asked hopefully. Tony's face appeared grim.

"I lost the kids," he replied to both of them, "I'm sorry,"

"Tony, we lost," Steve corrected him.

"Oh, my God!" Pepper ran over and hugged him tightly.

"It's okay," Tony hugged her back, relieved to see that at least she was still alive. The group went back into the compound and to explain to Tony and Nebula their numbers. First, they stabilized the sickly Tony, then they regrouped. Pictures of the Avengers they had lost in the battle flashed across the holographic screens in the area.

"It's been twenty-three days since Thanos came to Earth. World governments are in pieces. The parts that are still working are trying to take a census, And it looks like he did... he did exactly what he said he was gonna do. Thanos wiped out... fifty percent of all living creatures,"

"Where is he now? Where?" Tony jumped at the opportunity.

"We don't know. He just opened a portal and walked through," Tony explained.

"What's wrong with him?" Tony asked, talking about Thor who sat in the back of the room looking angry and hurt.

"He's pissed. He lost everyone in this war. His brother, his friend, his girlfriend, everyone. He thinks he failed. Which of course he did, but there's a lot of that goin' around, ain't there?" Rocket explained.