Chapter 12:

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for the sort of later update! It's been hectic recently, and I've been trying to post new chapters, but I haven't gotten the chance to since two weeks ago. I will let you guys know that I will likely be updating every 1-2 weeks, and I will let you guys know if chapters are delayed. Thanks for being patient, I love your support, and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

- Harper E. Pierce

A couple of weeks passed, and everyone was busy doing their daily activities, not much had been going on the tower. Loki had tried to stir up some trouble with the new recruits for awhile due to boredom, but Wanda was quick to stop that from happening.

The main focus was on the girls' powers and developing them. Skylar hadn't forgotten about what had happened to Lexi, but she decided not to mention it because it had been over a month, and nothing had happened to her. Speaking of Lexi, she'd been extra outgoing since she had returned. She'd been friendlier, less hostile towards everyone and... happier?

Over the past few weeks, she'd become best friends with Tori. The two blonde girls had something big in common that was quite the surprise for most of the tower. Lexi had a love of fashion. Instead of the constant sweatpants and baggy sweater she'd usually wear around the tower, she now wore black ripped skinny jeans, some form of a tighter shirt with long sleeves, and a black leather jacket. Her long blonde hair was left down and loosely curled. And she wore a natural makeup look until you got to her eyes, which were done in a half-cut crease brown smokey eye to match her naturally dark brown eyebrows. It seemed to all happen in one day, when she walked downstairs a little later than usual, looking more like Tori did when she walked downstairs; like a supermodel. Her attitude was different, her look, everything. It was like everyone in the tower was looking at a different person. The trendy and edgy looks seemed to stick around.

But what was concerning everyone was that she was acting like any troubles she had before never existed. She always dodged the question of 'what happened to you?' or 'is there anything wrong?' with either something ominous or she played dumb. Raven, Skylar and Tris had asked her on multiple occasions about what was going on, and so had the therapist, but she had done the same thing as she did with everyone else. Tori had asked over a night of business talk over a glass of wine, but she laughed it off and continued to give the twenty-year-old advice about her business. The only two who hadn't asked yet were Lorelei and Quinn.

That morning, Steve, Tony, Natasha, Bruce, Loki, Thor and Sam wanted the girls and Peter to wake up early to do some extra training and to talk about their power development so far. At seven that morning, when everyone showered and was in their workout clothes, they headed down to the training floor and met up with everyone they were assigned to work with.

"For the next three weeks, your going to work with one of us as a mentor. Today I'm going to assign you all to work with one of us on your training. The people you each work with will switch up when the three weeks are over. We'll start with the oldest. Lorelei, you're with Sam. Tris, Loki. Raven, Natasha. Skylar, Thor. Lexi, Bruce. Quinn, you're with me. And Peter and Tori, you guys get Tony." Tori rolled her eyes at the mention of her other training partner. Tris and Loki headed over to the sparring area.

"No cardio training?" She asked.

"You can teleport, there's no point." He replied bluntly. She suddenly was behind him.

"I guess you're right," she attempted to kick him out from under his legs, but she was hitting nothing but air, and she fell right on her butt. "What the hell?" Loki's chuckling was heard from farther away then where she saw him.

"Little tip; tricking the God of Mischief is not your best option." He said, as his hologram disappeared and he came out shadows about twenty feet away from her. Her eyes darkened in frustration, and he laughed even more.