Chapter 13:

A/N: Hey guys! I released this chapter early! I am making a Christmas special for this book! I don't have much else to say other than enjoy this chapter!

- Harper E. Pierce

It had been almost three months since Bucky had left. Steve had been on the phone with T'Challa constantly, checking in on Bucky and his progress. He was already out of cryo-freeze, and Shuri was working on getting the remnants HYDRA's brainwashing out of his head. The air was beginning to freeze in New York, and it was nearing December.

"Steve, he is doing alright. So far, Shuri's been experimenting with our ways of getting it out of his head. So far it's almost gone. He'll be back by Christmas." T'Challa told him over the phone.

"That's good. Is there anything I can do to help?" Steve asked for assurance.

"Yes, I'd like you to answer a question. Bucky's been doing great with the treatments and recovery, but something seems to be on his mind and he's not telling anyone about it. Do you have any idea what it could be? We know it's not HYDRA related, he seems to get all anxious when Shuri and I ask."

"Anxious? About something that isn't HYDRA related? I can't think of anything at the moment."

"Hmm... it's been puzzling us too. Shuri's created him a new metal arm already. He hasn't tried yet though. We're waiting on a him to recover a little before he goes back to you guys."

"Thanks for the update, your highness." Steve thanked him.

"No need for the formalities, Steve. We're friends. No problem. I'll see you soon," T'Challa hung up the phone, and looked out into the distance. "Bucky, what aren't you telling us?"

-

"Raven, I need you to be honest with me. I need to know if you still love me. If you don't I'll- dammit. How do I do this?" Damon sighed to himself. With the lack of time Raven was spending with him, he was beginning to think the worst case scenarios. But he knew for a fact that she wasn't telling him something. And it was beginning to tear them apart.

Suddenly, the door to Damon's apartment opened and his dark haired girlfriend was home for the first time in over a month. He immediately went up and kissed her, but he noticed a cut on her lip. And on beside her eye. She wasn't overly bruised on her face, thank god, but he wasn't sure about her body.

"Hey- what the hell happened to you?" He asked darkly.

"What do you mean?" She asked as if she had no idea.

"I mean, you face is all cut up! Who the hell did that to you?"

"No one Damon!" "Damnit, Skylar! I told you heal me up completely! Natasha's training leaves marks!" She thought.

"Someone had to have done that to you, Rave. Don't lie to me," he snapped. He was beginning to get frustrated with her constant lying.

"Damon, no one did that to me. It's okay. Can't we just watch movies on the couch and cuddle?" She pleaded.

"Raven, I'm fed up with the lies. For the past year and a half, you've only been home about a dozen times. If you're cheating on me, just tell me and I'll leave you alone. Just tell me the truth!" He demanded.

"Damon, what the hell? I'm not cheating on you!" She said back.

"Then what have you been doing? Because I'm not buying this whole job thing! I haven't seen you come home with a paycheque once!"

"I do have a new job! I'm not lying!"

"Then do give me an explanation of your job. Enlighten me."