Chapter 28:

A/N: Hey guys, sorry for the super long delay for this chapter, I did not plan on having a delay for this long, but I did need a bit of a break. I will be continuing this story, don't worry about that. Enjoy this chapter and see you soon!

- Harper E. Pierce

Quinn's never-ending nightmare of those people calling her all the time was getting worse and worse. She'd now been caught by Steve and had wipe his memory of it, just so she could keep her secret a little while longer. But she knew it wasn't going to take much longer before they came for her. So far, she had done a good job of keeping her secret.

Over the last few days, Steve and Natasha had been following a string of murders that had one lead, but no motive. Everyone who was dying seemed to be someone in power or in a higher position, and there was no trace of the person or people who did it, up until April seventeenth, when another business person was murdered, but this time, it was right outside the old Avengers facility. A spray painted sign was also left on the side of the tower. It looked like a bunch of connected lines to make up some form of diamond, with two A's on the right and left sides of it.

"What's this about?" Wanda asked as she walked into the meeting room. It was pretty late for a meeting, it was around seven o'clock. Everyone had already gathered into the room. Quinn actually had no idea what this meeting was about at first. She just walked into the room casually, waiting to hear what their next mission was going to be. It was Steve who spoke up first.

"Now that everyone is here, we wanted to tell you guys of a case that's peaked our interest," he began, "a few days ago, a businessman named Hannes Josefs was murdered right outside of what was Avengers Tower. He was shot and stabbed multiple times," Natasha explained.

"He wasn't the only one killed. There have been disappearances and murders of highly influential businessmen and government people in the last few days. I think these people want to make a statement to us, therefore, it has become an us problem," Steve continued, "above the last body, a symbol was left spray painted on the tower. It looked like this," Steve showed the gruesome photo on digital. Quinn's eyes widened slightly, but she straightened up before anyone would notice. It was the exact same symbol as the tattoo on her hip. A bunch of connected lines to make up some form of diamond, with two A's on the right and left sides of it. She immediately knew who it was that was committing those murders, but there was no way in hell she would ever admit who it was.

"This symbol looks familiar to us, but we aren't sure where we would have seen it before. Steve said he saw it once as a tattoo on someone," Natasha mentioned. Probably on me about two years ago, Quinn thought.

"I think I might know," Sam mentioned, "in the bars near the Bronx and the expensive places in Manhattan, I've seen a few people with that exact tattoo, usually it's on their wrists. I'm pretty they're a gang, but I'm not sure of the name," Damn you, Sam! Quinn thought to herself.

"Not a bad lead, Sam. What are we going to do about it?" Tori asked.

"Some of us will go on a mission, and we're going to stop this," Steve told them proudly. Quinn gulped before speaking up.

"Why a mission? This isn't our job, this is a police matter," Quinn argued. She needed to keep the Avengers away from... them. The same perplexed look everyone gave her when she said this made her feel uncomfortable.

"Quinn, aren't you the one who's usually obsessed with making sure we stop these kinds of people?" Raven inquired.

"I just think we should sit this one out. It's not our job to investigate city matters, we usually work on terrorist groups and such... and I alien armies I guess. Leave this to the cops, it's just a city matter,"