Chapter 14: Christmas Special I

A/N: Hey guys! I'm so sorry it's been so long since my last update! I try to update every 1-2 weeks, but life has kept me busy. I promise I haven't forgotten about this story! And this is the first chapter of the Christmas Special, which means I have to stay on top of my writing. Thank you guys so much for all of the reads, votes, comments, (etc). I appreciate everything you guys do for me. Happy reading!

- Harper E. Pierce

December came around quickly, faster than anyone had ever expected. Tony had Christmas decorations up all over the tower, ranging from Christmas trees and garland to mistletoe hanging all around the penthouse, club and bar, and the games floors. And Tony was having a blast with it. He had included the rule that you had to kiss if you got caught underneath with someone. It was the first night of December, which meant his little mind games had just begun.

"Tony quit it with this damn mistletoe bullshit! None of us really have the want or need to kiss each other here," Lorelei rolled her eyes at the eccentric inventor.

"Oh, but here's the thing. I know that's a complete lie, Adams," Tony booped her nose in response and grinned at her widely, which earned Lorelei a nasty glare from Lorelei and her setting his pants on fire.

"Hey Tony, have you ever heard of the saying 'liar, liar, pants on fire?'" Quinn called after him as he ran towards the bathroom. Raven looked towards the girls in dismay.

"Was that really necessary?" Raven asked them like a disapproving mother.

"What? It was clever," Lorelei defended herself in response. Steve snorted a little. Every single person in the room turned to him.

"Did Steven Grant Rogers just... laugh at someone's misfortune?" Natasha questioned him with an expression of pure shock on her face.

"No! I would never-"

"You're lying," Quinn smirked at him.

"Stay out of my head, Atkinson."

"Ha! So you admit it!" Skylar caught him.

"I never admitted to laughing, nor did I deny it," Steve said with a smartass look on his face. He got up from the couch to go make himself a coffee.

"Steve, why are you being so ominous?" Asked Tris gullibly.

"Tris, he's being a smartass. Did someone slip Bailey's in your last cup of coffee again?" Tori called out to him.

"Can't I just be in a jokey mood?"

"No. And who the hell says the word 'jokey' anyway?" Skylar replied.

"Why not?"

"Because you're Steve Rogers." Tony walked back into the room, and everyone else nodded in agreement. Steve rolled his eyes as he returned to the couch with his coffee. "Where's Lexi?"

"She's in her room, likely moping again." Quinn rolled her eyes.

"She said she'd follow us up here, but that was over an hour ago," Tris told them.

"I'll get her," Raven said, getting up to go to the elevator. Just as that happened, Steve felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. It only took a second after he checked the caller ID for him to get up and leave the room.

Once Raven got to her floor, she got out of the elevator and heard faint music coming from a room. There was a faint voice singing along to the music as well, but it was the beautiful sound coming from the electric guitar she was hearing that she was focused on. Then she realized it was coming from Lexi's room. Her bedroom door was wide open, and Lexi had an electric guitar connected to an amp in her room, and she was singing along to the song she was playing, mind you she was not singing very well, but it wasn't terrible.