Chapter 20:

A/N: Hey guys! Back at it with another chapter! *whips* (sorry that was cringey) Anyways, sorry for this being another filler chapter, but there are a lot of little things that need to happen before the big stuff happens. I swear it's coming soon! Anyways, enjoy!

- Harper E. Pierce

Lexi had woken up the next morning, expecting it to be around three o'clock in the morning from a nightmare, when really, it was almost eleven-thirty; much later than when she usually slept until. She attempted to get up, but she found something holding her there. Or rather, someone, when she discover it was someone's arms holding her waist. What brute had she brought home this time? But she noticed that one of the person's arms didn't feel much like an arm at all, it was... cold. That could only mean one thing-

"Shit. What have I done?" She muttered to herself. "Or rather, who?"

"Good morning to you too," Bucky groggily said, moving a little closer to her. She flipped over to face him in the bed, forcing him to let go of her.

"You heard that, didn't you?" She asked him.

"Yep," he replied, sitting up a bit, "I don't want to deal the awkward aftermath of last night, so I'm just going to ask this. What does this mean for us?"

"We're barely friends, we're coworkers, and we just slept together while attempting to solve personal issues with each other,"

"No, I mean... feelings wise." He asked her. What did it mean? She certainly didn't like him like that; they were barely even friends. They fought all the time. There was no romantic feelings there. Right? It was just a one night stand.

"It was a one-night stand that shouldn't have happened," she made up quickly.

"Well that was honest,"

"Bucky, it was good sex, I can't deny that. But that's it; I have no romantic feelings for you. I don't for anyone, that's just how I am."

"But you're willing to sleep with someone without liking them?"

"I'm not going to deny that I find you attractive, but I don't have any romantic feelings for you, and I know that the feeling is mutual."

"I kind of hate that empathy thing," Bucky sighed. Lexi giggled, and took his arm. "Do you think we should continue this?"

"Like a friends with benefits thing?" She replied with a small smile.

"Yeah, like that." He looked down at the bed, trying to hide his smile.

"I'm down for that," She agreed, keeping her gaze with his, "but this is going to be kept between us,"

"Agreed."

-

"Stop following me! Stay the hell away from me! I don't want this life anymore!" Quinn screamed at her phone. It had been about two and a half weeks since Christmas now, and she was getting phone calls from the people she dreaded hearing from again.

"You can't run away from us, Quinn. I can't believe you would betray our family like this." The person on the other end replied.

"I'm not part of your family anymore!"

"You running off to join the Avengers may've been one of most disappointing things you could've done to us yet. But now, we know where you are, Quinn. Avengers Tower isn't exactly a great hiding spot."

"You'll never get to me, I'll kill you first."

"Oh but we will. We will kill every one of those stupid heroes you call friends if we have to. You're coming back home very soon, sister."