Chapter 24:

A/N: Hey guys, sorry for the prolonged update, but to make up for it, I made this chapter about 21 pages long! (I don't know if I should apologize for a longer chapter or say you're welcome.) I will try to make up for the really long time it has been taking me to update as best as I can. Please enjoy the next chapter!

- Harper E. Pierce

"Raven, you promised me you would tell him. I'm being lenient because we had the fashion show three days ago, but still. Go over and tell him, now. You were supposed to see him today anyway," Lorelei told her friend. Raven was in no position to argue, she had broken her promise to her.

"I'm not sure he wants me over. He hasn't responded to any of my text messages or calls, which is really unlike him." Raven rebutted her argument.

"A promise made must be kept," Lorelei told her. "I don't want to have to go over for you and do it myself." Suddenly, Raven's phone began ringing. Speak of the Devil. "It's him, isn't it?"

"Yeah-"

"I'll leave you to it then,"

"But-" the door of Raven's bedroom shut completely. She hesitantly answered the phone with the dreaded name.

"Hey, babe!" She answered with false cheerfulness.

"Hey, Rave. Listen, can we meet up somewhere? The apartment window cleaning service is back and I don't really want to be at the apartment," Damon asked her.

"Oh, of course. Where do you want to go?"

"How about the Starbucks near our place? Meet you there in twenty minutes?"

"Perfect, see you then! Love you,"

"Love you too, Rave." Damon hung up the phone. He didn't say anything about the announcement. It was a guarantee that he knew about her, but it was a conversation that definitely meant to be made in person.

She found it a little strange how he would choose to have a conversation like that in a public place, especially because his excuse for it was very much half-assed. The window cleaners? Really? But if he wanted to get out of the house, okay.

After finishing up putting on some mascara, and pulling her hair up into a high ponytail she got her purse, her phone and stole the keys to the Audi R8 down in the garage before leaving the tower. She needed to be careful of the paparazzi following her, so she put on a pair of Tris's sunglasses. Raven got into the car and drove to the Starbucks around the corner from their place. It took about ten minutes to get there, traffic wasn't too bad for Sunday of family day weekend. Most people were likely at their cottages in Colorado or something.

While driving, she noticed a black van with its windows blacked out, like it was an armoured car van. For a moment, she could've sworn it was following her until it made a right off the street the coffee shop was on, and then a left to the next street over. After that, she didn't see the car, so she dismissed the notion.

Raven went inside the coffee shop and ordered a hot chocolate; she hated coffee. After ordering, she looked around the semi-empty coffee shop, looking for Damon. It took her a moment, but she found him sitting in a corner, and he was on the phone. He looked like he was having a serious conversation.

"Miss? Your hot chocolate?" The barista called her name for the fifth time. Raven whipped her head around, her sunglass knocking off of her face. The barista looked absolutely starstruck. "Oh, my word-"

"Thanks, " Calia said cheerfully. Raven took her hot chocolate and walked away. Just as she turned to go sit with Damon, he got off the phone and saw her. He waved for her to come and sit with him.