Chapter 31:

A/N: Hey guys! The infinity war/endgame chapters have officially begun, meaning the wonderful copyright disclaimer that I must make stating that I do not own anything except for my characters, their dialogue and my own storyline. Everything else belongs to Marvel Studios. '

Anywho, enjoy this chapter, and more will come soon! Bye!

- Harper E. Pierce

"Hear me, and rejoice," Ebony Maw spoke as he weaved through the bodies of dead Asgardians. The ship that Loki, Thor, Skylar and Tris had been on for the last year was invaded. Half of the Asgardian refugees were now dead, and the others were injured, but alive enough to make it to Earth. Tris and Skylar were pinned down by metal pieces held by the Maw. Loki stood in the room, untouched but knowing what could happen if he made one wrong move. The unconscious Thor was held by the neck by the Titan himself; Thanos, "you have had the privilege of being saved by the Great Titan.- You may think this is suffering... no. It is salvation. Universal scales tip toward balance because of your sacrifice. Smile... for even in death, you have become Children of Thanos," he spoke evilly. Skylar's bloodied face turned into an angry sneer as Thanos came up.

"I know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right... yet to fail, nonetheless. It's frightening. Turns the legs to jelly. I ask you, to what end? Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same. And now, it's here. Or should I say- I AM," Thanos smirked as he held up the infinity gauntlet, showing the one stone he had; the Power stone. He had lifted Thor by the neck of his chest piece.

"You talk too much," Thor spat.

"Let go of him you sonofabitch!" Skylar spat angrily as she tried to break free from the metal plates holding her down. Thanos chuckled at her attempts, ignoring her loud wailing and turning to Loki.

"The Tesseract, or your brother's head," Thanos threatened, "I assume you have a preference," he raised a brow of contempt.

"Oh I do," Loki smirked back, "Kill away!"

"Loki! Stop!" Skylar and Triss yelled at him. Thanos put the Power stone to the side of Thor's head, and he began using it to torture Thor. Tris had enough and teleported out of the metal pieces holding her down. She punched Ebony Maw, in the face, breaking his focus on Skylar. She got up and ran towards Thor. Thanos took the power stone off Thor's head and directed it at Skylar, shooting a purple flame out of it to knock her down. Tris teleported in front of Thanos and attempted to cut the arm holding Thor off with a blade, but all that did was break the blade. Thanos smirked as her mouth dropped with shock. He picked her up by the neck and held her in the air. She teleported out of his grasp.

"It seems that you don't have the Tesseract," he smirked at Loki, and then looked at Tris on the ground, "and it seems that you have gotten used to using it as well,"

"Maybe I have," Tris spat.

"Give me the Tesseract,"

"Screw you, you overgrown purple dinosaur," Skylar shot back at him. Tris snorted at her comment. Thanos took the opportunity to do the same thing to Thor again. Loki cringed as his brother screamed horribly.

"ALL RIGHT, STOP!" He shouted.

"We don't have the Tesseract, it was destroyed on Asgard!" Thor exclaimed hoarsely. Loki shamefully looked down before placing his hand up in the air. The Tesseract appeared in his hand, as Thor rolled his eyes, "you really are the worst brother,"

"I assure you brother, the sun will shine on us again,"

"Loki, no!" Tris pleaded.

"Your optimism is misplaced, Asgardian." Thanos mocked.