Chapter 32:

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for the wait on this chapter, I've been busy lately with school. I promise I'll try to update more often. Hope you guys enjoy!

- Harper E. Pierce

As the ship flew closer to Knowhere, Gamora remembered her past, and what her 'stepfather' had done to her planet; wiped out fifty percent of all life there, and took her to raise as his own. What Gamora saw as kidnapping and forcing her to become a weapon and serve him, her father saw as kind, so that she didn't suffer the fate of half of her planet. He took pity on her.

It was her knowledge of something that would cause Thanos to be successful at his goal that motivated Gamora to tell Quill to kill her if Thanos got to her, which he very reluctantly only after much convincing, agreed to do so. As the Benetar, the name of Quill's ship, flew into a cavern looking much like a skull known as Knowhere. The place was in ruins, empty, and dark.

"This place looks deserted," Quill stated as he looked through the windows.

"I'm reading movement in the third quadrant," said Drax.

"Yep, I'm picking that up too," they continued to fly until they found a good spot, "let's put down right here," the Guardians parked the ship and looked around until they found Thanos with the famous Collector. The white-haired man was on the ground with Thanos standing over him menacingly. The Guardians quickly hid behind piles of broken rock from Thanos's destruction and watched what happened so they could have their moment.

"I don't have it," the Collector panted frantically as Thanos asked threateningly.

"Everyone in the galaxy knows you'd sell your own brother... if you thought it would add even the slightest trinket... to your pathetic collection," Thanos rolled his eyes at the Collector. Quill held up a fist meaning halt, but the Guardians just walked right past him, "I know you have the Reality Stone, Tivan. Giving it to me will spare you a great deal of suffering.

"I told you. I sold it. Why would I lie?" The Collector replied in a pained voice.

"I imagine it's like breathing for you,"

"Like suicide,"

"You do understand. Not even you would surrender something so precious,"

"I didn't know what it was!"

"Then you're more of a fool than I took you for, Last chance, charlatan. Where's the stone?" Thanos asked the Collector menacingly.

"Today-" Drax growled as he pulled the knife out the scabbard on his leg.

"Drax. Drax!"

"...he pays for the deaths of my wife and daughter,"

"Drax, wait. Not yet, not yet, not yet," the blue alien shot him a determined look as he headed towards Thanos. Quill attempted to quietly catch up with him, "Drax. Drax, Drax, Drax. Listen to me. He doesn't have the stone yet. If we get it, then we can stop him. We have to get

the stone first. Yeah?" Quill tried to calm him down and hold him back so he could focus on what was important.

"No. No. For Ovette, for Camaria," Quill pushed back on him so he couldn't continue forward, but suddenly, a hand was placed on the back of his head and he began to fall forward.

"Sleep," Mantis said, as a loud crash was heard as Drax fell. Thanos turned his head towards the sound. He picked up the Collector and threw him into a glass cage beside where their altercation was happening. He walked towards where the sounds were coming from.

"Okay. Gamora, Mantis, you go righ- the other right!" Quill stated as they went left and ignored him. After a few more seconds of quiet, Gamora jumped onto Thanos with her sword in hand to kill. They fought for a few seconds before she went to use the blade, which he caught and snapped in half. She then used another blade to stab him in the neck, and she put her double-ended dagger in his chest. He cried out in pain as she pulled the blade out of his neck and held it, ready to continue the fight if he moved. He held his bleeding neck in pain. Thanos clutched the jewelled dagger he had given her and looked at her.