Chapter 6:

A/N: Hey guys! Yes, the next chapter is out THE NEXT DAY!!! YAY ME! (I'm trying to make up for leaving you guys for seven weeks.) Anyways, I'm not taking much credit for this chapter, almost all of it was is scenes from Civil War, as the Civil War chapters are now beginning. I don't own anything you guys recognize. Even though this chapter is basically just a couple of scenes from Civil War and is only five pages, it really sets a base for the story. Anways, enjoy!

- Harper E. Pierce

Eight months later...

All life had gone smoothly so far with the Avengers. Lexi had finally told everyone what she'd been doing for them, which went well although most of the girls yelled at her for taking on everyone else's problems. Wanda, Steve and Bucky had been doing extra training with her to help fix her problem, and she was finally able to store the taken pain and emotions somewhere else. She was able to control how much pain she took out and gave away. Her brooding hadn't changed much, and she still wasn't completely opening up to her therapist about her problems, but she'd still progressed, which was much better than before. Although she was still having some issues with properly storing it.

Raven had managed to keep up her lie to her Damon for the last eight months, and she felt guilty about it, but she couldn't tell him yet. She didn't know how he'd react and she just wasn't ready to find out. None of the Avengers knew about her boyfriend and neither did any of the girls.

Bucky had taken off to god knows where a few months ago, saying he needed to get away, and no one had seen him. Steve had been trying to track him down, and was so far unsuccessful.

But one day, Steve called for a meeting in the conference room upstairs. That usually was either a really good sign or really bad one, and something told the girls that it wasn't a good one. And man, were they right.

Tris, Tori, Lorelei, Quinn, Skylar, Lexi and Raven all walked upstairs to the conference room, seeing secretary Ross standing inside the glass room with everyone in the tower, except Clint, who retired. This was definitely NOT good.

"Five years ago, I had a heart attack, and dropped right in the middle of my backswing. Turned out it was the best round of my life because after thirteen hours of surgery and a triple bypass, I found something forty years in the army had never taught me. Perspective," Ross went on once the girls got inside and sat down, "the world owes the Avengers an unpayable debt. You have fought for us, protected us, risked your lives, but while a great many people see you as heroes, there are some who would prefer the word 'vigilantes'."

"And what word would you use, Mr. Secretary?" Natasha asked the man with a little sass.

"How about 'dangerous'? What would you call a group of US-based, enhanced individuals, who routinely ignore sovereign borders and inflict their will wherever they choose, and who, frankly, seem unconcerned about what they leave behind?" Ross shot back at Natasha, and began to show proof.

"New York," he pointed out, using the screen to show footage of the damage done four years ago. "Washington, D.C," he continued, "Sokovia," he went on, "Lagos," he said again, before Steve cut him off.

"Okay. That's enough."

"For the past four years you've operated with unlimited power and no supervision. That's an arrangement the governments of the world can no longer tolerate. But I think we have a solution," someone in the back handed Ross a book, "The Sokovia Accords. Approved by a hundred and seventeen countries, it states that the Avengers shall no longer be a private organization. Instead, they'll operate under the supervision of a United Nations panel, only when and if that panel deems it necessary."