Chapter 29:

A/N: Hey guys! I'm so sorry this took so long to update! Things have been getting in the way, and it's just been hard to update. I promise more will be coming soon, I just can't give an accurate timeline anymore. I do plan on finishing this story though. Thank you so much for your patience and enjoy!

- Harper E. Pierce

Tori's whole world was flipped upside down since she had found out the truth about her mother and father. It had only been a day since her return to the Avengers building, and she hadn't slept a wink. She didn't even know if the story was true, it was just baffling to her right now.

Peter was beginning to worry as well because she hadn't been consistently worrying about the company since her return, which was extremely unlike her. Sure, it had only been twenty-four hours, but she was usually checking up on her website every four hours.

After a few more days, it was not only the Peter that was beginning to worry, but it was also the girls. Tori's normal behaviours had changed drastically. Instead of her usual outfits designed by her, she seemed revolted by the idea of even looking in her extremely large and personalized closet. She stuck to sweatpants and cotton oversized t-shirts for the last four days straight. She wouldn't leave the tower either, not even to go shopping with Lexi and Wanda. It was then that Quinn and Peter finally decided to ask her about it.

Her boyfriend knocked on her bedroom door with Quinn at his side. There was no response so he just opened the door and poked his head inside.

"Princess?" He called out softly. He saw Tori sitting on her bed watching Riverdale. She turned her head at Peter's entrance into the room.

"Really? Princess?" Quinn rolled her eyes, "Ugh- barf." She was obviously still upset about the whole thing with Steve. She followed Peter into Tori's bedroom, where both he and her sat on the youngest woman's bed.

"Hey, babe, Quinn, what's up?" She asked, faking a smile on her face.

"What's up? You've been sitting around moping for the last four days, and you're asking me what's up?!" Peter exclaimed. Quinn then asked her a question in her head.

"This is about what I told you about your family, isn't it?"

"How'd you guess?"

"Mind reading, and because you have been a mess since I told you. You also don't want to tell anyone, do you?"

"I don't know. What I want to do is speak with my parents. I still talk to my mother, but I haven't spoken to my father since I left home when I was eighteen. So at the same time, I don't really want to do that,"

"Does anyone want to include me in the conversation you two are having in your heads or am I just here for moral support?" Peter asked sarcastically. Tori switched her attention to her boyfriend.

"You should at least tell him," Quinn said aloud to Tori.

"Tell me what?" He asked.

"Thanks, Quinn," Tori replied sarcastically.

"And I'm leaving now, have fun with your conversation!" Quinn got off the bed and walked out of the room.

"Bitch!" Tori yelled.

"Tell me something I don't know!" Quinn yelled back from outside of the room. Peter looked at his girlfriend with his world-famous puppy dog eyes.

"I have to tell you now, don't I?"

"Well now that she said something, yeah, kinda," Peter urged her. She sighed and began her story.

"Put it this way; I just found out my family is corrupt, as is any Whiteson business on this planet. And it's because of my father," she told him.