TOO LATE

3rd POV:

Jungkook was put to sleep by Taehyung.

His condition was getting worse and worse almost like being consumed by hysteria.

Everyone else had rushed to the hospital other than Tae and Yoongi who were left behind to take care of a much disoriented Jungkook.

It was hard for them to watch the younger in such a state, to acknowledge the fact that the ball of sunshine was literally out there fighting for his breaths.

Everything happened all at once, the sound of gun waking them from sleep, the piercing scream of the younger, them rushing to the source of sound only to find a bloody Jimin in arms of Jungkook, a dead man on the floor, a frozen Jungkook with his gaze fixed on the limp figure in his hands.

The sight was too disturbing, too heart breaking, too intense for them to bear.

Blood wasn't something new to them, but the blood they were seeing right now wasn't of anyone but their beloved Mochi, their literal angel.

Never have they ever thought of such a state, they would see Jimin in.

Jin surprisingly being the strongest of them all immediately snapped out of the state, jerked Namjoon to start the car swept the unconscious figure from Jungkook's arms and rushed out of the house followed by Hoseok.

Taehyung and Yoongi wanted nothing more than to follow them but they had to take care of their little brother who suddenly appeared so fragile, so broken.

They managed to put him to sleep otherwise they were afraid of what the younger might have done if he was awake.

"H-hyung, Do you, d-do you think he will survive?" Taehyung chocked on the words he just let out.

"He is so strong Tae, I am sure he will pull through, he WILL survive", Yoongi said with a stern expression.

"I am scared Hyung, scared of losing him", Tae said while sobbing on Yoongi's shoulder.

"You won't Tae, we won't", Yoongi said more like ensuring himself of his words.

While on the other side Jimin was immediately rushed to the operation theatre, the red light outside the room switched on indicating the survival battle that was going on inside the mind and body of the person lying in middle of the room with his guts and chest wide open, with his body attached to numerous tubes, with blood continuously being pumped inside his body, a desperate attempt to keep his heart beating.

Seconds turned into minutes as minutes turned into hours, their gaze fixed on the light, a sign of hope, an optimistic signal that things are going fine, that soon they'll hear the news that will finally make them release a relieved sigh.

Namjoon and Jin were standing leaned on the wall, with Jin's head resting on Namjoon's shoulder. Hoseok was sitting on the bench with his face hidden in his hands.

No one crying, it has been so long that all their tears had dried up, seconds felt like ages with all there was.................................. to wait

Wait for the door to open.

Wait for the news to come.

They felt like sculptures, placed beside the operation theatre, still and immobile while life continued around them.

After the excruciating wait of seven hours, the light went off, the doors opened and the slumped figure of the surgeon appeared in front of them.

They rushed to his side, their hearts racing immediately in their chest seeing the disappointed look his face.

The surgeon was explaining something to them........

How the bullet almost graced his heart....................................

How he had lost too much blood..................................................

How he was too weak to withstand the damage done to his body................................................................

Jin was shaking his head frantically as he continued to sob, Namjoon was trying to coax him but his own tears were betraying his calm cover.

Hoseok was dialing Taehyung's number; after all they deserved to know.

"Hello", the voice almost sound scared, scared of what it might hear.

"We were too late Tae, we were too late", his voice cracked as tears rolled down uncontrollably down his face.

The beeping sound on the other side indicated that the call got disconnected.

Jungkook was still in his forced slumber, dreaming of his love, of his precious smile unaware of the fact that this will be the only place he will be seeing his baby, smile.

Why does love have to be this way?

It connects not bodies but souls, but this union demands sacrifice and sometimes the price is paid by giving up your material existence, to be truly ONE with your lover.

_______________________________________________________________________

A/N: WAIT FOR FRIDAY, I WILL POST THE EPILOGUE......... YOU GUYS WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED WITH THE LAST CHAPTER, I AM SURE :)