Chapter 1

Katherine's POV:
I look at the clock & see that it's 8:30 pm. "Oh my god, Shawn's going to kill me!" I say out loud. I was supposed to be at the karaoke cafe 20 minutes ago. I start to walk faster, which is a pain since the night is colder than usual. That's what you get in New York in the middle of June. You see it's always cold here, and don't get me wrong I love the weather but when you make human mistakes like forgetting your sweater, this city makes your life a hell. In my bickering and frozen ass I don't realize I arrive at the cafe. I walk in and see Shawn performing. "I'm saved" I think to myself. Shawn is my best friend. He's also an on the rise teen superstar. I've known him since I can remember. We're those diaper babies. Our moms were bffs when they were our age, so yeah you get the idea. "Hey! You were amazing!" I tell him as he walks up to me. "You were late" he scorns at me. "I'm sorry, I'll make it up to you!" I say. "Oh yeah you will!" He says in a mischievous tone. "Shawn no! I.." before I could even get my words out, he's already on stage. "Ladies & gentlemen, I would like for you guys to welcome my friend and amazing singer, Kat!" He says. I look at him with the dirtiest look I possibly could. I was low-key freaking out because I've never really sang in front of anyone expect Shawn & well.. my shampoos. I walk up on stage and grab Shawn's guitar and stand in front of the microphone. "Um hi" I say in the most awkwardest way possible anyone can approach a crowd. I look at Shawn & his smiling & trying hard to not laugh. I give him a smirk & approach the crowd again. "Who in here likes jhene Aiko?" I speak out. "Yeah!" The crowd shouts out. "Alright, here's a little jhene Aiko for y'all" I say. Out of all her songs, I decide to sing 'The Worst.' As I was singing the song, I see a group of guys walk into the cafe. Shawn goes up to them & greets them. I finish the song & surprisingly get more than a positive response from the crowd. "Thank you", I say & smile as I walk off stage.