Chapter 30 (Goodbye)

Sam's POV:
"You sent that mugger to attack Jack! how could you do something so cruel! I trusted you! He trusted you!"

"I didn't mean to hurt him. I just wanted him to stay away from you! You're all i have! I wasn't going to lose you to him. I love you katherine!"

"You didn't mean to hurt him?!?! YOU LEFT HIM UNCONSCIOUS! NEARLY DEAD! YOU'RE PATHETIC! AND A COWARD! YOU WERE SO THREATENED AND WORRIED THAT HE WAS GONNA TAKE ME AWAY FROM YOU WHEN I NEV-"

"DONT YOU FUCKING DARE SAY HE WASNT TAKING YOU AWAY FROM ME! YOU ALMOST FUCKED HIM IN THAT BATHROOM! SO YES I WAS THREATENED AND WORRIED THAT MY GIRLFRIEND WOULD FUCK MY BEST FRIEND"

The room fell silent and I immediately regretted my words. I knew that no matter what I said after this, I had lost her.

"Get out"

"Kat, I'm sorr-"

"I SAID GET OUT SAM!"

I looked at her in despair. I was not going to leave out that door. I'm not loosing her. I can't fucking lose her.

"No" I exclaim.

Her eyes water and with every ounce of strength in her she breathed "goodbye sam"

"Sam, I think you should give her some space." I hear shawn say.

I forgot that he was in the room with us. I look at him and I know he won't let me stay another minute if I argued to do so. I nod in response.

I make my way towards the door and open it. As I look back I see everything crumble in front of me. I had lost her.
"I love you katherine, goodbye"
And with those last words I walk out... leaving my heart behind.
---
Kat's POV:
The door shuts closed and gravity pulls me down. Overwhelmed with the revelation of his betrayal, my body shuts down and all I hear from a far distance is shawn shouting my name.
--
Hours later, i awake to a voice whispering 'Kat'. My closed eyes slowly open trying to adjust to the luminous of the sunshine. Blurred from my vision, I only see he's shadow. I smile. But my smile slowly disappears as my vision clears and I see his face.

"Jack are you okay?!?" I say as I get out of bed, worried at the cuts on his face. I reach my hand out to touch his wounds, he groans at the pain of contact.

"I'm fine.. I just ran into sam outside your house last night, and well my anger kinda took over.." he explains.

His name makes chills travel all around my body and I feel light headed. It disgusts me how I could love someone as low as sam. And I can't help but to hate myself for still caring for him.