chapter 9 (Stay with me)

Jack's POV:

I thought seeing her would be hell, but discovering her eyes, her skin, her hair .. it all took my breathe away. I was amazed. My heart beat raced with time. I didn't know what to say. Luckily she did. "Hey" I forgot what a soft tone she had. "Can we talk?" I was still astonished by her presence that I just nod. I followed her to the back of the house and onto the beach. "Um.. I-I'm sorry" the sound of her voice was like a melody. "I know I'm probably the last person you want to listen to right now an-and I know that it's too late to say sorry but i-i am." Her shaky voice is adorable. "I never meant to hurt you jack, I-i don't know what I was doing.." she continued. "I guess.. I guess I was just scared.." Katherine Young was scared by something other than heights? That's a first. "I thought I was falling for you an-and I didn't know how to handle the situation so I ran from it.." tears start to roll down from her face. "I pushed you away. I was trying so hard not to get hurt by you, that I ended up hurting myself" she's even more beautiful when she cries. "The truth is jack.. I- I fell for you. I fell from millions of feet in the air. & I know it's too late for you to be there to catch me. I just thought I at least owed you that." Her words hit me by surprise. I was still shocked by her presence that everything coming my way was processing slowly. She kisses my cheek and says "goodbye jack, I'm sorry I ended everything before it ever began."

As she starts to walk back to the beach house, i wondered if that was the last of her that I would ever hear. My heart ached as the lava flooded by body and hardened. Her steps further away from me and my door of opportunity closing. My mind was spinning. Deciding to go after her would be wrong but not taking this chance would mean losing her forever. I knew that the next words coming out of me would be flawed but I didn't care. "But I am!" I shout out. She turns around and runs to me. "I am!" how could such words be so wrong but feel so right? "I still am Kat... I'm still here." No words as the one I just said could be wicked because having her in my arms was the best feeling I've ever felt. "I'm millions of feet at the bottom waiting to catch you" I say hugging tight and picking her up. She wraps her legs around my waist and kisses me. "Stay with me" She says while holding me tight.. "you're all I need." I reply.