Chapter 28 (Distant)

*5 days later*

Kat's POV:

I groan as the beep gets louder and closer. Annoyed, I reach over and grab my phone. I slide the green button but the brightness of the screen blinds me so I couldn't see who called.

"What the hell?" I answer half asleep.

"Oh, I'm sorry did I wake you?" A raspy voice replies. Hearing his voice woke me and I quickly looked at my phone to see his name.

"Um, yea." I respond.

"My bad, I forgot.. different time zones" Sam replies.

My chest felt with guilt. I've been somewhat distant with him since Jack's accident. He hasn't mentioned it, but I know he knows something's up. I mean its not like I meant to distant myself, I just, I haven't really spoken to him about that night because I know it'll make his blood boil to know how much time I've spent with jack.

"It's ok, I have to be up in a hour anyways." My voice cracking.

"What do you have to do at 6 in the morning?" He asks and I can hear his tone change from apologetic to concerned.

Once again, not wanting to argue with him, I lied. "um, Shawn & I have a netting at the record company."

"Oh." he replies unconvinced.

"Did you need something?" I respond trying to change the subject.

"Huh?" he replies.

"Why did you call? do you need something?" my voice slowly filling with guilt.

"Uh.. yeah. I forgot tho." he replies. I knew he was mad, I just didn't want to ask. it was to early for an argument. "well, i'll let you go so you can rest a little." He continues.

"Okay.." I exclaim.

"I love you Kat." his voice sincere.

My heart stopped & my stomach swirled. Those words hit me harder than when Jack slapped Johnson. Not knowing how to respond I hung up.

'What the fuck did you just do Kat?' I ask myself.

--
A/N: hey guys! I'm sorry I haven't updated. I've been really conflicted on how the story should end, but I now know where I want to take the story. I'm also sorry for this short chapter, I'll start writing more as my ideas flow. By the way, thank you all so much for reading & voting!!!