chapter 18

Kat's POV:

"Look what I found" I hear jack say with excitement. I turn around and see him holding my ring that he took from me when I first met him. I smile and stick my hand out to him. He puts the ring on and it still fits perfectly. I stare at it and feel tears start to form in my eyes. "Hey.. hey" jack says pulling me into his arms. "I'm fine, they're tears of joy." I say with a smile and whip the tears away. But they weren't. The door bell rings and he goes to answer. Shawn gave me this ring when we were little, it's kind of a symbol for our friendship. The tears fall as I continue to stare and it. It's been 2 weeks since Shawn kissed me and I still haven't told jack. How can I when I don't even understand what happened? He knows something is up with me though. I haven't been myself since that night. I mean how can? I've texted and called Shawn about 53985 times but he doesn't reply. I'm still confused as to where that kiss came from but I know he regretted it as soon as it happened. I mean why else would he have left after I pushed him off? I look in the mirror and see that I'm ruining my make up. I fix it and put on a smile as go down stairs. Today is Jack's 18th birthday and I decided to through him a party to get things off my mind. I enter the living room and it's already packed with strangers. I look for jack but can't find him anywhere so I go get a drink. As I pour myself a drink I hear someone behind me. I turn around and see that it's sammy. "Hey beautiful" he says with a smile. I smile back and chug my drink down. "Woah there" he says in surprise. I laugh, "this is nothing" I say and chug another beer. "Have you seen jack?" He asks as his eyes search through the crowd. "No I was actually looking for him" I reply as I pour another drink and chug it. "I'm going to go look for him" he says and i nod. I pour another drink and push my way through the crowd. I bump into a girl and she falls. "WATCH WHERE YOURE GOING!" She yells at me. I look at her and laugh. I keep walking and see cameron playing bp. "Hey Kat! Come help me beat these losers!" He shouts as he sees me. I smile and walk towards him.

--
My head was spinning and I had no idea were I was going. I stubble outside to look for Jack, when suddenly I heard Sam shout. I turn around and see jack's lips on the girl I bumped into earlier. My heart stopped and I felt gravity pulling me down.

In my heart aching, I forgot I was on the phone with shawn. I don't remember how our conversation started but I didn't care, everything in my world had just collapsed in front of me and I have no Idea what to do.
"Kat are you alright? what's wrong?" I hear shawn ask and he snaps me back into reality. "He.. he kissed her" I manage to let out.

I could hardly hear what sammy was yelling at jack.

"What? are you at jacks? don't move! I'll be there in 5, don't hang up Kat." Shawn says.

"I love him sam!" I hear the bitch shout. Those words hit me like a train and I realize everything going on. My heart starts to beat faster and I start hyperventilating. "Shawn.. Hurry" I say in between breathes. My hands start to sweet and everything becomes blurry. "I think I'm having a panic attack" I say. I cover my mouth trying not to make much noise with my breathing. Although they were 20 feet away, I didn't want them to see me. But, it didn't work. Sammy looks up and sees me standing there, destroyed. "Kat.." he shouts as he sees me. Jack looks over and quickly gets up. I panic and run into the house. I push my way through the people. It only worsens my panic attack and my breathing heaved. "Kat!" I hear as someone holds my arm. I turn around and see that it's sam. He pulls me out and walks me outside into the front yard and leads me to his car. We get in and he backs out the drive way. I look out the window and see jack run out the door. Tears running down his face. He looks over at the car and chases after it. It was dark but I could still see him through the side view mirror.. standing there, in the middle of the street. I start to cry harder and sammy holds my hand. "Who is she?!" I ask him. He looks at me and shakes his head. "Later" he replies. I nod and look out the window again. Everything was spinning and I didn't know if what was happening was real. All the crying and heavy breathing wore me out and I dozed off. Not knowing where Sam was taking me.