chapter 14 (Simply amazing)

Still Kat's POV:

"Oh my god jack" are the only words that manage to escape my mouth. I feel as if it wasn't enough for what he has laid out for us. "I hope it's not too much." He says while grabbing my hand and pulling me onto the blanket to sit down. "No.. no this is perfect." I say in amazement and kiss him. He has laid out a blanket that faces the ocean and the sunset. There are rose peddles arranged all over us. He opens the picnic basket and takes out a plate with chocolate covered strawberries. "My favorite" I quietly shout out. "I know" he says with a smile. He then takes out a bottle of Champaign. "I want to make a toast" he says while opening the bottle. The top bursts off and foam starts to escape the bottle. I laugh and quickly hand jack a cup. He pours champaign into a cup and hands it to me. "A toast for new beginnings" he says while pouring some into his cup. "A toast for new adventures" he says setting the champaign bottle down. "A toast for a new love" he says while raising his cup to me. I smile and raise my cup to his "cheers" I reply. We set the cups down and he moves closer to me. He lays his head on my legs as he lays down and watches the sun set down. I watch him as the sun slowly disappears. The light slowly fades away from his body and it's almost as beautiful as watching it rise behind him like this morning. "You're staring" he says turning to face me. "I can't help it" I say still looking at him. He gazes into my eyes while I gaze into his. The way his eyes sparkle and the way his smile widens makes everything in me feel so alive. I start to trace my fingers through his hair. He smiles and closes his eyes. "I love you" he whisper.

My eyes widen and the blood in my veins boil. I stop tracing my fingers through his hair and completely freeze. "I do" he says opening his eyes & looking at me. He gets up and sits in front of me. "I love you" the tone in his voice is calming and surreal. "I know it may be too soon for me to love you but I do" he continues. "I love you so much more than just to the moon and back." Tears start to form in my eyes. "I love you because nothing makes me happier and nothing makes me sadder than you." He traces his fingers through the top of my cheeks to wipe my tears. "I love you when you cry." His voice slowly going from soft to raspy. "I love you when you're a pain in my ass. I love you when your deepest fear takes control over you. I love you when the life in you shines brighter than ever. I love you when your eyes are clued to mine and have difficulty finding a different view. But overall.. I love you when you're like this. When words can't escape your mouth and tears fall from your eyes due to all the emotions inside you swirling around."