chapter 8

The sun shines on my face and I open my eyes. I see the palm trees and the ocean. "We're here" I hear Shawn say. I look over at him and smile. "That was quick" I say. "Well you did sleep the entire flight" he says smiling back. I roll my eyes and look out the window again. "First things first, we're going to the beach" I say with excitement. "Well we kind of have to" Shawn says quietly. "What do you mean?" I snap back at him. "I-" he says before being interrupted by the flight attendant, again. "Ladies and gentlemen; we have just landed at the Los Angeles International Airport." Says the flight attendant. I completely ignore what she has to say after that and start to wonder what Shawn meant by having to go to the beach. After we get off the plane and are in the terminal I ask him, "So.. what do you mean?" "I'll explain when we get to the hotel" he says. I nod and get into the car that was waiting for us. We arrive at the hotel and ask him again. "Don't get mad at me but do you remember carter?" He says & I nod in response. "Well he's having a birthday party at the Mobli house today in Venice & he's inviting fans and I have to go" he continues. "We just landed though?" I respond. "Yeah but it's 11 a.m" he says. "Yeah but I'm-" I say before he cuts me off. "Don't you dare say you're tired! You slept the entire flight." He snaps at me. I look at him and sigh. "It's 1 pm in New York though" I say. "Really Kat?" He says looking down on me. "Please for me" he continues. "Fine!" I reply. "Yes! Thank you thank you thank you so much! I love you!" He says hugging me. "Yeah yeah, now go get ready" I say.

        I go inside my hotel room and get ready as well. I finish and hear a knock on the door. I open the door and see Shawn. "You ready?" He asks. "No" I say sarcastically. "Come on let's go" he says laughing. I close the door and we head out. We arrive at the beach house and see a bunch of girls. "Holy fuck you are famous" I tell Shawn. "No I'm not" he says laughing. We get out of the car and I'm so terrified, I hold Shawn's hand. "Is that his girlfriend?" "who is that?" "I love you Shawn!" Are some things I heard and I couldn't help but laugh. We get into the house in one piece. "Are you okay?" Asks Shawn. "Yeah but wow you're so totally not famous" I say sarcastically. He laughs. "Shaaaawwn!" I hear someone shout. "Cameron!" Shawn shouts back. As they have their conversation, I decide to walk around the beach house. While I looked around someone bumped into me. "Oh I'm sorry" says Nash. "It's okay" I reply. "Hey, I remember you. You're Shawn's friend. Katherine ?" He says. "Yeah" I respond. "I'm guessing he's here if you're here?" He says smiling. "Yeah, he was talking to cameron when I wondered off" I say smiling back. "Oh well I'm gonna go find him" he says. "I'll come with" I respond not wanting to get lost. He smiles and we start to walk. As we turn the corner I hear cameron and Shawn greeting people. "Hey what's up guys" I hear someone with a raspy voice say. It wasn't Shawn's or Cameron's voice. Suddenly I get a knot in my stomach. I knew exactly who's voice it was. I look up and there he was. Jack Finnegan Gilinsky. He looks at me and as our eyes meet, I feel the blood in my veins boil. The air in the room thickened. I didn't know how much I truly missed him until I had him right there, right in my presence.