chapter 4

Jack's POV:

         She called today. I knew it was her once I heard her voice. She has a smooth, sweet, calming tone. I could never forget it. When I first heard her voice that night at the cafe, I was completely hooked. There's just something about her. Man, I gotta stop overthinking this. I just met her like c'mon I don't even know her favorite color? "Ahh jack slow down" i whisper to myself. "What?" says my friend jack. "Nothing man, I'm just talking to myself." I tell him. Jack is my best & oldest friend. Yes, we have the same name. I guess that's why we became friends in the first place. It gets confusing at times, which is why the guys call me Gilinsky & they call him Johnson. "Alright man, we should hurry up though the guys are already at the park." He replies. I nod to respond. I'm actually very nervous to see her today. But, then again I'm also excited. We arrive at the park and see Cam, Nash, Carter, Matt, Hayes, Taylor, Aaron, & Jacob messing around. "What's up guys" says Johnson. "Just making some quick vines" says Matt. "Where's Shawn?" I ask cam. "Where's Shawn or where's that cute girl from the other night?" Says Cameron winking. "Her name is Katherine, remember?" I tell him. "Well there's your Kat" says cam pointing behind me. I turn around and see her walking with Shawn. As her path to me started to close up, my heart started to race faster and faster. She was so attractive to me. I guess I've always had a thing for girls her type. "Shawwwn" say the guys. They run up and hug him & I go up to her. "Hey" she says & smiles. Wow did my heart drop. "Hey, didn't think you were gonna come" I reply not being able to keep my eyes off of her. "I wouldn't miss it for the world" she replies looking at me as well. "Jack!" Says Shawn. "Mendes!" I reply & hug him. "Do I hear wedding bells?" Says Katherine laughing. "Yes and you're not invited" I respond to her. "Ouch that hurt" she says sarcastically. I laugh and smile. "I usually have that effect " I say and wink at her. 

        "So should we go?" Shawn says. "Yes let's go!" shouts Nash. The guys start to walk, me and Kat walk behind them. "Where are we going?" she asks. "It's a surprise." I say. "Suddenly I'm nervous" she says. "Well it's not a date so you have no reason to be" I say mischievously. "ah you're right" she says & smiles. "escalade!!" shouts Taylor. All the guys run towards the Cadillac that arrives for us. " I though you said we were walking around the city?" Asks Kat confused. "Well. I lied." I say laughing. "Jack!" She shouts at me. "Sorry, but it's a surprise, I couldn't say" I say laughing. She lightly punches my shoulder & says "I forgive you." Taylor, Aaron, Jacob, carter & Hayes went in one car and Cam, Nash, Matt, Shawn, Johnson, Katherine & I went in the other. "So, I don't believe we've met?" Says Nash. "Yeah miss who are you?" Ask Johnson & Matt. "She's Gilinsky's new girlfriend!" Shouts cameron from the drivers seat. "Shut up cam" I say. I look at Kat & she smiles. "I'm Katherine" she says. "She's my friend" says Shawn. "Nice to meet you Katherine" say nash & Johnson. "Call me Kat" she says. "Ooooh Kat, meow" says Matt. She laughs & I can feel the world stop as I look at her smile widen. "So where are we going?" She asks. "We're gonna .." Says nash until i interrupt him. "Shhh, don't tell her" I say. She scorns at me and then smiles "so mysterious." I laugh and loose myself into her eyes. Time passes by & Kat notices we've left the city part of New York. " are you kidnapping me?" She whispers into my ear. I look at her & shrug my shoulders. We arrive at our destination and she jumps. We get off. "Jack!" She shouts at me. "Kat!" I shout at her. "No no no!" She says. "C'mon" I say laughing at her. I reach out my hand to her and she grabs it. She comes close to me and holds me from how frighten she is. I hold her back. Holding her made me feel safe, she felt like home to me. I never wanted to let go.