Chapter 24 (Mine)

Kat's pov:
I tried my best to brush off the events that occurred, smiling as sam nodded towards people as they came in. My eyes drifted around the room that was filling up with people. My heart froze when I spot Jack, who was looking through nametags. His hair was messy from my hands running through it with marks on his neck and swollen lips from my failed attempt to wipe off the lipstick. He looks up and his eyes land on me. The smirk that formed on his face made me want to punch him. I felt myself tense up as he made his way towards our table, sitting down in front of me and sam. His eyes burning into my soul as he gazed. "Jack, I believe there are other seats in this hall." Says sam opening his arms, gesturing to tables. "I know, but this one has a great view.." Jack smirks as he keeps his eyes on me. God do I want to punch him. "Plus, I was placed here" he adds, showing us his name tag. My eyes widen and my blood boils. Why the hell did Shawn sit him next to me? What point is he trying to make? My anger builds up as Jack continues to look at me. I feel someone set their hand on my shoulder.

"Hey there Kat. Missed me?" Says cameron with a smile. My anger calms and I get up and hug him. "I've missed you so much cam!" I almost squeal out. Out of all the guys, he's the only one I kept in touch with. Well, except for Shawn and Sam. He hugs me back and whispers in my ear "awkward much?" I look at him and slowly shake my head. "Slut" I hear jack cough out. I bite my bottom lip as his remark hits me. I hold my breathe, telling myself it's the alcohol in him speaking. "Ha, you should take a good look in the mirror yourself." Sam responds, referring to Jack's hair and swollen lips. The sound of Jack's laugh rang through my ears and I look up to see him grinning. "Where did you pick her up? On the corner?" Sam adds, making me feel quiet ashamed. Jack, of course being amused by this, continues to laugh.. the smirk not leaving his face. "Nah, but she sure had an amazing body," jack says. I feel heat rise to my cheeks and spread throughout my body. I grab my cup of water and drink. "..the type that you'd like." He added, causing me to choke on the water. Sam ignores jacks remark and pats my back. "Are you okay babe?" He says concerned. I look up at jack and seem him straighten his back, with worry in his eyes.

I get up, not being able to stand his shit any longer and walk out. As the wind hit my face, my guilt consumes me. How could have I been so stupid? Letting him back in. I can feel my love for jack slowly turning into hate. No matter how much I desire him, what we had should stay in the past. I get interrupted by sam's arms wrapping around my waist from behind. He lays his chin on my shoulder, causing me to giggle. "Man do I love your laugh" he says hugging me tighter. My guilt building up as he spoke. "Look, I know jack coming back affected you." He says and I feel myself freeze. "He never really left your mind since you two separated" he adds. "You loved him, probably still do." he continues and I feel mortified that he knows this. "And I'm sorry that he's become such an asshole. I promise you to never let his jealousy and actions affect my love for you. I love you Katherine. You are and will always be the best thing in my life." He finishes and I feel tears prick in my eyes. My stomach swirled and i hated myself for knowing that this next words leaving my mouth will hurt him. "Sam.. I need to tell you something." My voice shaking. He looks at me confused and wipes my tears away. "I .. I" the words struggling to leave my lips. "You and jack hooked up" he says interrupting me. "How did-" I say before he cuts me off again. "I slowly put the pieces together. With his remarks and your silence, I knew something happened." I'm sick to my stomach that he knows. "Plus" he continues "I didn't give you these" he says, rubbing the bruises on my neck.

"Sam, I'm so sorry. It was a mistake .. I-I" I manage to let out before falling into my hands. "Hey.. It's okay. He took advantage of you missing him. Remember what i said, I won't let him or anything come in between us." He says pulling me into his arms. I feel a bit of relief of how understanding he is, but I'm still ashamed and disgusted in myself. "Let's go back inside and show that asshole that you're mine." He says and I nod. We walk back in and sit down. "Welcome! Ladies and gentlemen." Says the host as the event begins. I try my best to ignore jack but i can see from the corner of my eyes he's still staring. I lean in closer to sam and grab his face. I move it towards mine and kiss him, very passionately. He smiles and breaks our kiss. "I'm yours" I say against his lips. His smile widens and responds "You're mine." I turn my head and see jack looking at the host and gripping onto his cup hard. I smirk as he turns back and looks at me. Letting him know I wasn't going to be his any time soon.