chapter 6

Kat's POV:

        It's been 3 weeks since I went skydiving with jack. I've seen him at least twice since that day. He's been pretty busy. & I've honestly been trying to avoid him. So far, we haven't made anything official and it's all on me. He's asked me multiple of times to be his, but I keep refusing. It's not that I don't like him. I'm quite fond of him. I just think relationships are a mess.. at least all my past ones have been. In my overthinking, I zone out & forget that I'm walking through the city and bump into someone .. And that someone just happened to be the one and only Jack Gilinsky. "Woah" he says holding on to me so I don't fall back. "Are you stalking me?" I say mischievously. "Maybe" he responds laughing. I laugh and look down. It's hard to look at him. Every time I look at him, at his smile, I fear falling for him. "Katherine why are you doing this?" He says lifting my head up to his. "Doing what?" I ask knowing the answering. "Come on Kat" he says. I look at him and give him a sad smile & start to walk away. "No!" He shouts while holding on to my arm. He turns me around and kisses me. I try to push him off but he's too strong for me so I bite his lip. He backs off and laughs. "I'm bleeding" he says looking at me. "Jack.. I'm so sorry .. I-I .." I say but seem to just lose my words. "Damn you are a cat" he says smiling/laughing. I roll my eyes at him. He spits out the blood he has in his mouth. "You do realize that trying to keep your distance from me will not lessen my affection for you." He says looking at me. I turn away, it was too hard to look at him.. I could see the pain in his eyes. "Look, im glad I bumped into you.." he says with a knot in his throat. "I'm going back home this weekend" he continued.. "I will leave you alone Kat, if that's what you want. Just look me in the eyes and tell me that's what you want." I turn back & look at him. I feel a knot in my stomach.. I knew that these next words coming out of my mouth would decide if I let someone who could be the love of my life slip away or stay. "It's not my choice" I say looking away. "Of course it's your choice!" He shouts. He grabs my face and holds it so his eyes are looking into mine. "Tell me" he says. I laugh. I pull his hands away. "Look at us. We're not even together and we're already arguing." He turns away from me. "Jack I'm not going to decide your life for you." I continued. " you're 17.. I like you but I'm not.. I-" he stops me. "Alright" he says still not looking at me. He starts to walk away and in watching him walk out of my life, I felt my stomach tied in knots. In that moment, i knew that was the worst mistake I could have ever made in my life.