chapter 16

Kat's POV:

Jack and I arrive at the beach and see all the guys. "Glad you guys could make it!" says cameron while greeting us. "Glad you want a rematch" I say while giving him a hug. "You bet I do!" he says with a smirk. I laugh and we go greet the other guys. A girl with really poofy and curly hair comes up to me and gives me a hug. "You must be Kat! Hi! I'm Mahogany!" She says while hugging me. "Nice to meet you Mahogany" I say as we part. "Jack has told me a lot about you." She says. "Oh, has he?" I ask while looking at him. "Yes. You're my muse" he says and kisses me. "Aw. Y'all are so cute." Says mahogany. I can't help but to smile and blush a little. "Kat!" I hear Shawn call out. I turn around and run to him. I jump and hug him. "Woah there tiger" he says as he hugs me back. "I feel like I haven't seen you in forever." I say while hoping off of him. "I know. This was supposed to be our summer." He says looking down. I felt horrible as those words left his mouth. This was supposed to be our summer, me and him. Making music. I've been so caught up with jack that I forgot I was supposed to be helping Shawn write. "I'm sorry. I know I've been m.i.a lately." I respond. "It's ok, but promise to come into the studio tomorrow?" He asks. I nod and hug him. We walk back to were everyone was at. I go up to jack and sit in between his legs. "So Kat, how about that rematch?" Asks cameron while setting the cups up. "Let's do it. Me and Shawn vs you and jack" I say while getting up. "Alright" says cameron. "Get ready to lose rookie" Jack says with a smirk. I laugh and wink at him. We play a total of 10 games. Shawn and I win 6, while jack and cam win 4. "Damn! You're good" says cameron. I laugh and thank him. Jack comes up to me and wraps his arms around my waist, "Alright. You can say it." "Nope" i say laughing. "Ok good" he says. "Rookie" I shout laughing. "I'm so not a rookie!" He says. I laugh and start chanting "rookie! rookie! rookie!" He covers my mouth with his hand and I bite it. "Ouch!" He shouts out. "Oh my gosh! Im so sorry babe" I say concerned. "Ha! Got you!" He says laughing. I scorn at him. "I love you too!" He says mischievously.

My phone rings. "It's my mom." I tell jack. "Okay. I'll meet you back at the fire" he says and kisses me. I walk further away and i answer. "Mom?" I ask but no one responds. "Did she butt dial me?" I ask out loud. "Talking to yourself much?" a raspy voice asks. "Shut up babe" I say thinking it was jack. I turn around and see that it isn't him. "Babe?" says Sam Wilkinson. "Oh sorry, I though you we-" I say before he interrupts me. "-Jack. Yeah i know, it's fine" he says with a smile. I smile and start to walk away. "Wait" he shouts out. I stop and turn around. I look at him waiting for a response. He looks at me blankly. "What?" I ask. "Uh sorry. You're just so beautiful." He says gazing at me. "Um. Thanks." I say and turn around. "Hold up." he says as he catches up to me. "What do you want sam?" I ask him as I continue to walk. "I want to clear things up with jack." He says. I stop and listen. "He's one of my best friends and I never meant to fight him. It's just.. he hurt someone really close to me and I got angry.. I don't know what came over me." He continued. "Who was this someone?" I ask. "It doesn't matter now." He responds. "Ok.. well what do you want me to do?" I reply. "Can you please just put him in the same room with me? That's all I need." He says desperately. I stay there in silence and after a while nod. "Okay. Tomorrow. I'll tell him to meet me for lunch but you'll be there instead." I say hoping I'm not making a mistake. "Okay thank you so much!" Says sam and hugs me. I pull him off of me and give him my number. "Here, call me in the morning and I'll give you more details tomorrow." I say and walk away. As I make my way back to the fire, I hope that what I just got myself into isn't going to affect my relationship with jack. I arrive to were everyone is at and view jack from a distance. I look at him and I'm home. I honestly do love him. There is no one else in this world that i feel both comfortable and nervous around, but still feel good about myself. Everyone is either one or the other, and I don't let people see me the way he does.