chapter 11

Kat's POV:

I wake up to the sound of knocking on the door. I roll over and see jack laying down next to me. His head was laying on his arm and the view of him sound asleep was flawless. Someone knocks again and I get up and open the door. "Wake up sleepy head" says Shawn. "What the fuck Shawn? It's 4 in morning" I tell him as I check my phone and close the door behind me. "I couldn't sleep" he says looking down. I could see he was upset. "What's wrong?" I ask. "Nothing" he says still looking down. "I'm gonna go change and then we can go talk about what ever is bothering you" I tell him as I lift his head up. He nods and I go back inside the hotel room. I change into some black sweatpants, vans, and put jacks TCU grey pullover on. I write Jack a note that says 'went out with Shawn. I'll be back soon, don't miss me too much 💙' and put it on my side of the bed. I walk out and see Shawn sitting down on the wall. I walk to him and pull him up. "Come on, let's go" I say while pulling him towards the elevator. We decide to go to the beach. There were swing sets that faced the ocean and we sat down. We swung and swung until he finally talked. "Are you happy?" He asks while looking out to the sea. "I don't know" I blurt out. "I mean.. I guess I am. I dont know what happiness really is." I continued. "I think you are. I can see it when you're with him." He says. I smile. It got quite for a while and then he asked me what I was most afraid to ask myself "do you love him?" I look away and stare at the ocean. "We've been together for 2 weeks" I reply still not looking at him. "So, you've known him for almost 3 months" he responds. "I don't think I do" I say unsure. "Good." He says. I'm suddenly confused. "What do you mean good?" I ask. "I just don't want to see you get hurt." He says turning away. "Oh" I reply. We continued to swing and talk. The sun started to rise and we went back to the hotel. I walked into the room and jack was still asleep. I got the note and threw it away. I lay down next to him. I gazed at him and at all of his features. How can someone as beautiful as he is be with me? I couldn't help but to admire him. "It's rude to stare" he says smiling with his eyes closed. The sound of his raspy voice made my stomach swirl. His smile is so perfect it could cure cancer. "Good morning" I say smiling. He slowly opens his eyes. "Mmm, I could sure get used to this" he says smiling. "Me too" I respond. "I love you in my pullover" he says while pulling me in close to him. I smile and kiss him. I look into his eyes as he looks into mine. As the sun rose behind him and shined on us.. I knew I wanted more moments with him like this one. Maybe it isn't love, maybe it is. But if it is, it's not a bad thing to fall in love with him.