Chapter 27 (I-)

Jack's POV:

* next morning*

I slowly opened my eyes as warmth hit my face. Light shined through.. so bright, it blinded me. I quickly shut my eyes and scrunched my eyebrows together, which only provoked pain.

"Ah, fuck." I let out.

I closed my eyes and waited for the throbbing to go away. As the throbbing left, I once again opened my eyes. This time facing the ceiling. While my eyes adjusted to the lighting in the room, I tried to remember as to where I was. I slowly push down on the bed with my palms to sit straight. My ribs scream in pain and my body is super sore.

"Fuck!" I shout out.

Not realizing I wasn't alone in the room, a scared Kat jumps from the couch.

"Ouch" she says as her body hits the floor. I can't help but to laugh out loud, causing my body to screech. She quickly looks up and her pain seemed to have vanishes as she saw me.

"Hey.. how you feeling?" she asks recovering from her fall.

"Better now" I reply with a smile.

She smiles and looks away. I feel myself melt inside because her smile was that big cheesy smile she always had before everything went down hill. My lips can't help but to stretch and smile.

"You know.. you scared the living shit out of me." She says looking back at me.

"I honestly don't even remember what happened." I say truthfully. Everything was a blur to me. I didn't know why I was in this hospital bed, let alone why I was so bruised and in pain. "was I in a car crash?" I ask looking up at Kat.

"Um, no you were-" she let's out before being cut off.

"Mr.Gilinsky, it's nice to see you've awoken." says a doctor. I was confused to his remark. but I ignored it. "How are you feeling? " he asks as he moved a finger in front of me and having my eyes follow it. "Uh, ok. I still have a lot of sensitivity and pain on my head and side. "yea, they'll be sore for a while." he replies. "well I should probably let the police know you've awoken and can be questioned now." he adds causing me to panic.

"Wait, what do you mean question? what did I do? I'm I going to jail?" I ask him anxiously

"You don't remember anything from last night?" he responds and I nod my head no.

"Hmm, well I'll let your girlfriend explain since she was there." He says and motions to Kat. My eyes widen and I can feel my heart race. "excuse me" the doctor adds and walks out.

"Girlfriend huh?" I say, not being able to contain my smile.

"Um, yea.. there's an explanation for that..." she says, trying to contain her smile as well.

"Well, please.. do tell how I being unconscious made you my girlfriend again?" I ask her in a mischievous tone.

"Ok but stop smirking at me!" she exclaims. "Um, so how do I start.." ...

"Okay well I got really really scared and worried when you passed out in my arms and I knew that if I said I was just a friend to the nurse, they wouldn't let me see you and I needed to see you because I l-" she explains quickly and nervously and as those words almost came out her mouth, she caught herself. "i thought you were gonna die" she adds. I can't help but to laugh at her adorable self.

"Why are you laughing? this is serious!!" She shouts at me.

"Kat, you're a dork" I add in between laughters and pain aches.

"I am not!" her cheeks blushing red, "your injuries were very serious and anyone in my position could of thought what I was thinking!" she adds.

"Yea, they definitely weren't" I claim.

"Why so?" she asks.

"Because I highly doubt they were thinking about how much they loved me" I let out. Her eyes quickly drift from mine to out the window. "jack, I- .." She says but then stops.

"It's ok Kat. I love you too."