chapter 4

"Matthew" I scream, I drop down next to him and  I'm starting to panic he passed out. Calm down, calm down, you can figure out what to do. Find someplace safe first, I'm in the woods there must be a small cave or something around.  I climb the tree  I see and try to see ahead of me, I see a stream not to far from where we are. He needs water, it will help a little. I climb down to see how he's going. I move his hair to the side and put my hand in his forehead. 
" Oh, god he's burning up!" I say panicking. Calm the frick down you need to help him. Once I finally calm down I try to pick him up. I half have him in my arms half dragged him toward the stream I saw. I pull out a  piece of my jacket from my backpack and walk to the Stream I put my hands into the stream, it's cold but feels good. I think soaking the piece of jacket with water. I stand up and walk back to the unconscious Matthew and put the piece of dripping wet jacket on his forehead to help try to bring down his fever. Taking one last look at him making sure he's okay, I start getting wood for a fire. I change out the scraps of my jacket every time I come back and make sure he's doing okay before I leave again. I catch some fish for dinner and boiled some water to drink. 

* That night * 

I'm cooking the fish I caught earlier for dinner when all of a sudden  I hear movement behind me, I turn around to see he's awake but looks miserable, sleepy and very pale.
" what happened?" He asks touching his forehead and taking off the cloth.
" you passed out from heat exhaustion," I say with a shrug.
"it wasn't very hot before I passed out though," he says. 
" you were already pretty warm and with the temperature rising it was too much for your body"     

 " Oh, makes sense," he says

 " Here, eat and drink this you need it," I say handing him a cooked fish and water I boiled earlier. 

" thanks" he whispers not looking at me. 

" don't mention it" I replied

 " No, I mean thank you for not just for the food and water but for also taking care of me." He says looking right at me this time. Just by the light of the fire, I think I can see his face is pink. 

" I said don't mention it," I say as I turn away.

( Matthew Prov) 

Why is she so stubborn? Can't she take a compliment? I think while looking at her back before eating the fish she gave me just moments ago. I feel like sh*t but better than earlier. My leg still hurts like crazy, I ignore it.
"Thank you for taking care of me, "I whisper to her back.