Chapter 2

My eyes feel heavy I must have fallen asleep. I thought as I am rubbing my eyes to wake myself up. I grab my iPod to check the time. 6:30 P.M I read. Frick! I think jumping up I move to fast and fall off the bunk, I land on the floor with a thunk, "that hurt" I  whisper. I jump right back up and sprint out the cabin door. I run into a girl with long black hair. I pop right back up again. 
"Sorry," I say giving her a hand. Than I runoff again to go to the  dining hall. On the way, I almost run into a group of boys. When I finally get there I'm panting, when I get my breath back I grab a tray and get some fruit and vegetables. I find an empty table in the back and sit down. I'm about to take a bite of watermelon  when a girl walks over. What does she want? I think. She's short with tanned skin medium length light brown hair and with dark brown eyes. 
"Hey, I'm chayla," She says with a wave.
"..."
"Is this seat taken?" She asks. I shake my head 'no' so she plops down across from me.
"Want to be friends, I always see you by yourself," she says. I stare at her for a minute thinking then  I come to the conclusion that she pity's me. That ticks me off but I don't show it on my face.
"I don't need your friendship out of pity," I replied. She looks taken back by my words.
"Hph," Her face turns light pink as she gets up and walks away to sit with her friends at another table.  Serves you right, I don't want a friend out of pity. I pick up my fork again and is going to take a bite of watermelon when  a guy walks up to me. "What can I not eat anymore?" I mumble to myself. "What do you want?" I ask pushing  my tray to the side. "Hey, I'm Simeon want to join us at our a table, we play D&D," He says pointing to the table he was talking about. You'll have to talk to people eventually and he seems okay. I think
"Sure," I say getting up. We walk over.
"Hey, this is umm..., whats your name?" Simeon asks. I sigh
"My names Arkarian," I say
"Everyone this is Arkarian the newest member of the D&D group," He says gesturing towards me. I give a small wave and take a seat. I learn everyone's names there's Carter, Chase, Troy, Hunter, Cameron, and Peter I already know Simeon. I have friends finally! Wait this is a dream I must still be asleep on my bunk. I look around to see Matthew talking to a couple of guys looks like there friends. Well since this is a dream there's no shame in not doing it. I think as I stand up.
"Oh, Arkarian were are you going," Simeon asks me. I don't say anything, I walk right up to the table Matthews at. "Hey Matthew," I say. He looks up.
"Oh hi," he says with a smile. Nope, I can't do this! I think and turn around and run out if the dining hall. 

" Arkarian!"Simeon calls after me, I don't stop. 

That was embarrassing I could barely  say two words! I get to the cabin and slam  the door open. There are girls in here.  I force myself to walk so they'll stop staring at me. When I get to my bunk I stand on the bottom and grab my backpack. I walk out of the cabin without anyone noticing I left. I look around to make sure no ones looking at me. Right like no ones going to notice a 5'8 girl with long dark blue hair with a backpack leaving the camp. Surprisingly no one notices. As soon as I get into the forest I brake out into a run. When I'm tired I don't stop but I start walking. 

     *2 hours later* 

I realize it's getting dark. I look around in the dimming light. I pick a random tree and climb it. Most people would be freaked out by the forest especially at night, not me I feel most at home in the forest especially in a tree. I close my eyes I feel the tug of sleep pulling me, when all of a sudden I hear...my name? 

" Arkarian!" The voice is down below. I look down from my hiding place staying still I watch in the dimming light. I realize it's Matthew, I'm still to embarrassed to talk to him so I wait until he passes than I close my eyes and fall asleep. 

* The next day *

I wake to the sound of birds singing early in the morning. " Let me guess its six in the morning," I say as I stretch and  I start to lose balance. 

" Wahhh!" I fall and land a couple branches down from the one I was on. I sigh.

" That was close,"

" HELP!" That gets my attention. I drop down from the branch and start running at full speed. That I see him, Matthew, he hasn't seen me yet so I climb a tree not far from him so I could watch and and think what I could do to help him.