Chapter 32

I fly after Tristan as fast as I can smiling, dodging trees, branches, small animals, feeling the wind in biting at my face and going under my feathers. 
" Hey, no fair you got a head start!" I called as loud as I can. He slows down so I can catch up to him. " Thanks," I say as we keep flying. Tristan whistles as in saying 'your welcome'. 

" Haha, we should go, I want you to meet my brother," I yell over the wind. He makes a jeering sound. 

" Awww, come on he's not so bad," He whistles. 

" Okay, good, let's go," I say as I angle my wings to turn back, Tristan does the same. After a couple minutes of flying, we're back to where we started. When I could see everyone I started to slow down and silently landed on a nearby branch and Tristan did the same. 

" Let's scare them, what do you say?" I asked him looking at everyone not suspecting anything. He gives a low whistle, 

" Good idea,"  A smile tugging on the edge of my lips. He does a low whistle and I give him one in return, he flys off and comes back two minutes later. 

" This is going to be fun," I say to myself as I rub my hands together. Tristan flies over them with acorns in his talons. He flies over my brother and drops a talon full on his head. Tyler acts fast putting up his hands and turning to acorns into dust before they even hit him. 

" What was that?!" He yells. Everyone stops what they're doing and look at him.  He looks up and see's, Tristan circling back around. 

" Everyone take cover!" He yells not taking his eyes off the blue jay, everyone runs into the trees to hide. I laugh quietly to myself. 

" I was right this is fun," I say gleefully.  Tristan takes a couple more shots at my brother and him turning the acorns to dust before I sigh and fly over to them. 

" Okay Tristan that's enough, we had our fun," He gives me a sad short whistle and flys over to me. 

" Wait, you know this blue jay?" My brother asked me in disbelief.  Landing by him,

" Yeah I do, he's Tristan, my new flying buddy," I say proudly. 

" You do realize he just tried to drop acorns on my head right?" Tristan lands on my shoulder left shoulder. 

" Yeah, because we wanted to have some fun, isn't that right," I say gently petting his feathery breast, he does a high pitch whistle as in saying ' yes', I do a small laugh. 

" What do you mean by ' have some fun'?" He asked. 

" Well, we thought that since you haven't met Tristan here yet we could scare you, and which we did," I say smiling. My brother sighs and calls out saying that everything is fine. 

" So, umm, what's with the bird?" Emily asks walking out of a bush. 

" This is Tristan," I say gesturing to him on my shoulder. 

" I like him," Matthew said walking up behind me. Tristan flys off my shoulder and lands on Matthew's head.  

" Looks like someone likes you," Emily said clearly not talking about Tristan. 

" Well, I'm going to go now, I need to sleep, I'm tired, so, bye," I say slowly taking a step away with each word I say and no one seems to notice because they're so focused on Tristan so I silently fly off. Thanks, Tristan. I think in my head as I fly higher and higher. I fly up into the sky until my lungs are screaming from the lack of oxygen in the air.  I stop going higher and stay where I am feeling the cold air around me seeing my breaths making little puffs of smoke. Feeling the muscles in my wings moving and the heat coming off my wings from working. 

 " This is amazing," I say closing my eyes and taking a deep breath. After an hour I decide to go back to camp. 
" I wonder," I say. I close my wings slightly and nose dive, wanting more speed I close my wings all the way but have them ready to open when needed. The icy air wip around my face and hair. I see the ground approaching fast, I open my wings out at the last second and fall to the ground. 

I slowly sit up rubbing one of my wings, " I regret doing that," I say. Then I notice it. I stand up wings dragging on the ground and I look around. There's no one here. Deserted, no one, not even Tristan. 

" HELLOOOOO??!!! ANYONE THERE!!??" I yell. The only response I get is startled birds flying up out of the trees.