Chapter 37

" Oh, well, " I say with a shrug. I pick up my things and start to head back then I stop and turn around taking a couple of feathers with me then leave.

Mission accomplished

I get back from my mission and the first person I run into when I'm heading to my room is none other than Flint. 

" Mission accomplished," Is all I say before opening my door and walking in. I throw my stuff at the table not caring I missed and landed on the floor as I walk to the bathroom to clean up. I watch the mix of blood, water, and soap go down the drain. I'm spacing out when I hear a knock on my door I look up from the sink and walk to the door of my room and open it. 

" What do you want," I spat at Plague as he's standing out in the hallway. 

" I heard you had your first mission, I was wondering how it went," 

" What do you think," I replied. 

" I'm guessing it went fine because you're covered in blood but you don't appear to be hurt," He said putting his hands in his pockets.

" Are we finished?" I ask getting annoyed. 

" No, I want to talk to you more, you should finish cleaning up, I'll wait here," 

" Fine...," I say I close the door and finish cleaning the blood and sweat off me before I leave. I open my door again with a sigh. 

" Follow me," Plague said as soon as he saw me. 

" Where are you taking me?" I ask following. He doesn't answer just keeps walking. After twenty minutes of not talking and the only sound was our feet walking on the tile floor. He stops and opens a door I haven't noticed before. He walks in and I follow. 

" Sit at one of the tables," He said not looking at me. I do as I'm told and look around the room. 

" It's a kitchen," I mumble. 

" Here, eat this," He said handing me a plate of food. 

" Thanks," I say taking it from him. 

" Don't tell anyone," He said setting down his plate of food than taking a seat across from me. After a few minutes of silence, Plague is the first to break it. 

" Your friends are alive," He said looking down at his bearly touched food. My eyes go round. 

" I killed them though," I said. He shook his head. 

" That's what Flint wants you to think, to make sure you're one hundred percent on our side," He said looking guilty. 

" You knew and didn't bother to tell me this until now?" I say. He doesn't lookup.  

" I know you're not on our side," He said. 

" And why do you say that?" I ask. 

" I can tell in your eyes that you're not," He replied finally meeting my eyes. " And, because you wear the same expression on your face as me," 

" So... you're on my friend's side then?" I ask. He nods. I sit a little straiter at his confirmation of which side he's truly on. 

" How do you know all of this?" I ask. He laughs.

" Did you forget that I'm Flints number two?" He says. " I know more stuff about what he's up to than anyone else in this place," He said seriously. 

" When does the poison that turned me to how I am now is out of my system?" I ask. 

" It should be out soon, it only lasts twenty-four hours before they give you more," He said. I squirm in my seat. 

" I need to get out of here, help me," He shakes his head. 

" No, not yet, you need to make them think that you're on their side, you'll get more info the higher you go in the ranks," 

" I understand," I say nodding. 

" Good, now finish your food so we can leave and go talk to Nerd, he'll help us," He says picking up his fork.