chapter 17

( Arkarian Prov) 

We walk until night falls, we're deep in the woods. "Let's make camp," I say setting down my backpack. " All right," Deserae says setting down her pack, Matthew does the same.  

" I'm going to go find some wood for a fire."I say as  I walk away to find some wood.  I come back my arms full. Deserae is putting up a tent. I start to make a fire when it' s finely going I stand up. " Well, I should get some sleep who's going to be on watch?" I ask. 

" I'll be on watch so you two can sleep," Matthew says.

" Okay, thanks." Deserae says " Goodnight Arkarian." 

" Night." 

Deserae walks into the tent she put up. Now it's just me and Matthew. This is really awkward I think. 

" Well...night," I say with a wave. I climb the first tree I see. I sigh glad I don't have to stand there, I close my eyes trying  to sleep but I can't so I decide to climb to the top to see if there are any stars, I start to climb, then my footing slips I start to fall, I grab the last branch of the tree, if I didn't I would have fell to the ground. I look down to see Matthew sitting by the fire. I sigh glad he hasn't seen me. I'm about to pull myself up onto the branch that I'm currently hanging from. He turns around looking right at me. Crap! He must have heard me! embarrassment washing over me. Matthew walks over staring at me. " Why are hanging from a tree? I thought you weren't supposed to fall out of them, even though you always fell out of them when you were sleeping in one and always landed on top of me. Anyway, I've never seen you just hanging from a branch before." He says with a smirk. 

" What's with the smirk you jerk!?" 

" Do you need some help?" he asks crossing his arms. Who the hell does he think he is? I'm getting very annoyed by him already acting all high and mighty like that, like I'm some damsel distress. " I don't need your help," I say pulling myself up onto the branch. " I told you I didn't need your help," I say a smirk on my face now. 

" Yeah, yeah, show off." He says. 

" Well, see ya," I say with mini salute than I start to climb again. 

( Matthew Prov) 

" well, see ya," Arkarian says as she gives me a mini salute and starts to climb again.  She is one strange girl I can say that for sure, but she has her reasons for being like that. I sigh and walk back to the fire and just wait until dawn to come. 

" Wake up." Comes a voice. I open my eyes and sit up. When did I fall asleep? 

" Okay, okay I'm up." I say with a yawn.

" About time  you woke up, it's time to go," Arkarian says next to me, I stand up. Arkarian hands me my backpack. " Thanks," I say. she gives me a slight nod. 

( Arkarian Prov) 

I hand Matthew his backpack. 

" Thanks," He says. I give him a slight nod. 

" I put water on the ashes of the fire, Deserae packed up her tent, so we should get going we can't be too far from the cabin they told me about," I say putting on my backpack. 

" Did they just tell you where they have Simeon at?" Matthew asks 

"Well....not exactly tell me per say," I say looking away.

" So why did they tell you then," Deserae asks. I sigh and turn to look at them. 

" I...well kinda beat them up than threatened them, and that's how I got shot, hehe," I say. What have I done? 

" Ha, I didn't know you were a fighter," Matthew says laughing his head off. I glare at him even though he didn't see me.  "If you keep laughing I'll beat you up than were will you be?" I say getting annoyed. 

" what are you going to do, punch me,  I'm so scarrred." He says still laughing at me. 

" That does it, you asked for it!" I say  pulling off my backpack,  I set it on the ground. 

" Are you really going to punch him Arkarian?!" Deserae asks. I look at her.

" Yes, I am, I'm stronger than I look and he needs to know that," I turn away from her and turn towards Matthew who is still laughing. " Matthew," I say. He looks up finely stop laughing. 

" What?" He asks. 

" Your such a jerk," I say as I punch him in the stomach, I can tell he lost his breath. 

" I told you, now let's go." I say as I turn around walking away.