chapter 14

( Arkarian Prov) 

*thunk*

" I have to freaking stop falling out of trees in the morning," I mumble annoyed I fell out of the tree I was sleeping in. Getting to my feet I start to look around to see if I could see Simeon. I don't see him anywhere. " He must have gone to find firewood or something like last time," I say with a shrug. Two hours passes, "I'm worried...really worried," I say walking back and forth. 

" Nothing wrong better  have happened, if so I'll kick his ass all the way until next week." Anger and worry in my voice. Then I hear something in the bush thinking fast I climb the first tree I see. " This is where the kid said she would be at." Someone says. What?! If it's who I think it is and they got Simeon, I'll kill them! I've become stronger than the last time they got a hold of me. Well, it's not going to happen again!

Let me explain what's happening and who's after me. You know my mom in chapter one, well she's not my real mom, she's my adoptive parent mom. I have no idea who's my real parents or family are. You see I grew up in a place called the 'home'. When I turned ten I found a way out so the same year Ethan was born, he doesn't know I'm not his real sister.  But the years at the 'home' they made me a freak, somehow they gave me wings.  When I got out of there my adopted mom found me and took me in, gave me a family and a last name made me feel like I was normal. I gave an oath to get stronger so I can hurt the monsters that hurt me and so I can get my revenge. In the six years that I have been away, I have gotten stronger, faster, smarter, think on my feet and I learn how to fight. 

I can't let them hurt Simeon and no way in hell what they did to me! My blood starts to boil just thinking about it. I see the people now they walked into the camp. There are two of them ones an older man and a guy with blonde hair that looks around my age, there in all black. They walk right over to my tree, I hold my breath and watch. The old man bends down to where I was walking back and forth earlier. " Looks like she was here not long ago." The blonde bends down too.

"Yeah, looks like it, do you think you can track her Brad?" What?! Brad! No, it can't be him! He's a great tracker and a fighter in hand to hand combat. At the 'home' he was the one that always gave me my punishment if I messed up on something. God, I hate that man! My blood pounding in my ears, I don't think I jump on Brad tackling him to the ground. The blonde pulls me off him. He has my arms behind my back. GREAT! Well, I've trained for this type of stuff. I get out of his grip with ease. Brad stares at me puzzled for a minute than an evil smile spreads across his face.

" Well, well, well long time no see." He says hands in fists moving to a fighting stance. 

" who's this?" The blonde asks joining  Brad by his side. 

"Well, you haven't seen her for six years so I guess you wouldn't recognize her. Sam this is Arkarian," Brad says not taking his eyes off me.

 " what?! That's Arkarian?!" Sam yells.

 " Big woop, yeah so I'm Arkarian and I'm not the same little girl you remember I've changed, gotten stronger," I say balling up my hands into fists. In my mind, I'm screaming that there here right in front of me.

"I really didn't want to ever see your faces again," I say my anger going up. 

 " I still hate you" Sam yells.

" Yeah, you want to play that game well your the one who put a freaking knife in my leg! I never did anything to you!" I yelled back at him. That ticks him off, he lunges at me but I'm ready, in one fast movement he's pinned to the ground, my pocket knife to his throat. 
"Like I'm scared of you," He says smiling. 

" Hahaha, that's were your wrong you should be scared," I say with an evil smile. I move to show him my calf, there's a huge scar in the shape of a knife he used and were it stabbed me. " Ha, looks like I cut you worse than I thought," He says still smiling. 

"Time for payback!" I say, I get off him but before he could get up I cut deep into his leg in the same place as he did to me his calf is now  bleeding drops of blood falling  to the ground, I made his cut into the shape of an A. " I guarantee you won't forget who gave you that scar like I didn't forget who gave me mine." I say deadly calm. He's holding his calf I can tell he's in a lot of pain and it gives me a little joy to see that, with Sam taken care of  I turn towards Brad, I put my pocketknife back in my pocket than get into a fighting stance. 
" Still want to go, this is your chance to leave unharmed old man," I say. 
" I'm not backing down," He says getting ready to fight.
" You asked for it," I say a smile spreading across my face.  Brad makes the first move. He punches me in the stomach taking all my breath with it. I forgot how fast he can move! Dang! I recover quickly and make my move. I go for his right knee, my foot lands it hit. He goes down to one knee. I'm about to kick him in the stomach when he grabs my foot and flips me in the air making me land on my face. Before I could get up he's on top of me and has my arms behind my back. " You've gotten stronger but you still have a lot to learn," He says. 

" You just made a big mistake," I say smiling. 

"What do you mean by that, your the one pinned to the ground," He says not letting up his grip on my wrists. 

" Did you forget I have wings?" I say as I open them. I start to fly, he has no choice but to let go of me before I get to high up. He's now on the ground. I get an idea I swoop down and grab him by the collar of his shirt and fly 30 feet into the air. 

"Hahaha, I'm smarter than a regular human being, I've learned all your tricks at the 'home', I knew you were going to pin me to the ground and I also knew you're at a disadvantage in the air, lucky for me that doesn't matter," I say. 

"Now, you better tell me who the kid you were talking about is," I say giving him a death glare.

"I have no idea who you're talking about," he says returning my glare. 

" Don't even try lying, I know you were talking about a boy and that lead you to my camp," I say 

"Ha, even if I did know I wouldn't tell you," He says glaring right into my eyes. 

" Fine," I say as I let go of him and he starts to fall. 

"AAAHHHH,"  He screams, I swoop down right before he's about to hit the ground and bring him up higher again.  

"Ready to talk yet?" I ask. 

" You can't break me that easy," He replies. I repeat what I did for a few more times but going higher up each time, by the end of that we were up over 400 hundred feet in the air 

"Ready to talk?" I ask loosening my grip on his shirt. He notices.

" You wouldn't dare let me fall to my death after all that you've done to me," He glares. 

" How do you know I wouldn't?" I say. He glares at me right before I let go again and he screams bloody murder and I swoop down and grab him by his collar again. Before I could even ask he answers my question. 

" He's in a cabin five miles from here," He says sweating bullets from cheating death so many times. 

" See now that wasn't so bad," I say as I land. 

" One last thing," I say before letting him go. 

" Make sure to tell everyone that Arkarian's coming home," I say, then I knock him out. I'm about to walk away when I hear movement  behind me. I turn around to see Sam and he has a gun! Where the hell did he get a gun from! " Go to hell!!" He screams at me then he fires and hits me, everything goes dark.