Chapter 1

" When your done eating go pack your bag," 

" What, why?" I ask eating the last little bit of pancake on my plate. 

"You're going to summer camp,"I almost choke. 

" What?! What?!" I say in disbelief. Mom just laughs at my reaction. 

"You're going to summer camp, surprise!" she says with jazz hands. I frown at her happiness, I mean I don't blame her I'm a stubborn person but still.

" You know I don't like doing that type of stuff," I grown at my mom. She sighs. 

" I know, but you can't just stay in your room all the time, you're already homeschooled, you are going to have to talk to people besides me and your brother," She makes a good point but I still don't want to go to summer camp. 

" I know," I say defeated knowing this is a battle I can't win I put my plate in the sink and head for the stairs.

" Sweetie," I turn around to face my mom again. She has a smile on her face, 

"Here you need this," she hands me a list of things I need.

" Thanks," I mumble as I walk away to go upstairs to pack. 

                    *5 hours later*

We are pulling up to a broken and worn out wooden gate it turns out to be the front gate to the camp. Talk about budget cuts.

" Wow, this place seems so cool!" Ethan yells from the backseat. 

" Don't yell in the car,"Mom says giving him a stern look from the rearview mirror.

" Sorry," He says with an apologetic smile on his face. Mom finds a parking space and we all get out. I grab my bag and we all walk over. Someone see us I'm guessing a counselor, she walks over. 

" I'm Mango and welcome, welcome, is this your first time here at Gales Creep Camp?!" She asks. She is way over excited, and what kind of name is Mango anyway?  Mom and Mango talk for a few minutes, Ethan talking with them, while me over here just standing out like a cat in a dog park. I just want to leave this place. They finally stop talking and look at me. What the heck did I do I haven't said a single word sense I got here. 

" What's your name?" Mango asked 

" Didn't my mom tell you my name already," I say flatly 

"Umm, yeah, but I want you to say your name," She replies. She really wants me to say my name, not creepy at all. Keeping my voice flat and emotionless I say.

" Arkarian,"

We all walk farther into the camp. I look around while mom signed me in. There are two huge cabins and a smaller one, one of the large cabins says Boys and the other Girls, the smaller cabin says infirmary. Well, that's reassuring. I think sarcastically

"Well, it's time for us to leave," She says turning around and pulling me into a tight hug.

" Mom, you know you can just take me home with you right, I don't have to be here," I say hoping she'll change her mind. 

" I know, but this will be good for you," she replies. We stop hugging. I look at Ethan, I narrow my eyes at him. He runs at me and hugs me. I realize how tall he's getting. He's almost as tall as me now. I bend down so I could whisper in his ear. 

" Make sure to be stubborn for me since I won't be there," I whisper to him so mom won't hear me. We brake are hug and he smiles at me.

" You got it," I smile knowing he will be. 

" What are you two smiling about?"Mom asks hands on hips. 

" Nothing," We say at the same time. We laugh at that. After we are done laughing they leave. I'm sure going to miss them. I pick up my bag from the ground wondering what to do now. 

" Go put your bag by the girl's cabin," 

" WAH!" 

" Sorry that I scared you but you really should put your bag by the girl's cabin," The boy says laughing. This boy has short black hair with dark blue eyes. 

"..."

" Oh, sorry I'm Mathew," He says 

"..." 

"Not much of a talker are you?" He asks. I turn around and  walk towards the girl's cabin. Setting down my bag a stand of my hair falls into my face, when I stand up I put it behind my ear and realize my face feels warm. I'M BLUSHING!! That boy Matthew was pretty cute though. NO, What am I thinking?!  

" Hello, again can you go sit on the log?" Comes a voice beside me. 

" WAHH!" I scream 

" Sorry I scared you but could you please go sit on the log," Mango says point to a...log? If you could even call it that. I sighed trying to calm my overactive nerves. I walk over and take a seat at the end so no one could talk to me. Me + people don't go together. I start looking around to see more people gathering on the 'log' and counselors standing in front it. There are a lot more people here than I thought there would be. I freeze when I see him again, Matthew. He doesn't notice I'm staring at him though. No one seems to notice I even exist, there's that at least, the one good thing besides drawing is that no one notices me. I think with a sigh. 

" OKAY GIRLS FOLLOW ME TO THE GIRLS CABIN!" Mango yells. Jeez, she is a way too excited. I think as I stand up.  Please, no one notices me please no one notice me. I think all the way to the cabin even after I grabbed my bag.  I find a top bunk where no one else seems to be at and start unpacking. I sigh not wanting to be here and I sigh again when I remember I have to be here all summer. Well, I don't have to be here all summer. I think as I pull out my backpack from the bottom of my bag. I open it up and start putting clothes and other things I'll need like money, iPod, jumper, compass, and flashlight. I put my pocket knife in my shorts pocket. I am about to zip up my backpack when I decide I want to listen to music so I take out my iPod. I put my backpack at the end of my bunk. I lay down and put my earbuds in and close my eyes.