chapter 20

"Arkarian?!" my eyes fly open. I jump down from the tree. I run back to camp backpack in hand.
"What's wrong?!" I ask even before I come to a complete stop.
"Where were you?"
"When we all woke up you weren't here," Deserae says. I sigh 

" I'm fine and I was just sleeping, don't freak out like that," I say. 

" Now that we're all up we should get going," They all nod. So we all start walking. 

                       1 hour later

"I'm hungry anyone else?"  Emily asks 

" Yeah," Des replies 

" I'm going to die of hunger," Matthew says putting a hand on his stomach. I roll my eyes at him. 

" No one's going to die on my watch," I say putting my hands on my hips. Than i get an idea,I run towards a tree and jump and I land on a branch than start climbing. 

" What are you doing?" Matthew calls from down below. 

" You idiot she's climbing to see if there's a town nearby," Deserae replies clearly annoyed. I smile knowing she read my mind. I get to a good hight in the tree, in the distance, I can see a town, it doesn't look too big so that's good. Knowing I found a place to go I start climbing back down. I land on the ground with a thunk. 

" I found a town that way," I said pointing in the direction I saw the town in. 
"What are we waiting for? Let's go!" Matthew starts running in the direction I pointed in. I sigh, I start running after him.

(Matthew prov)

I start running in the direction Arkarian pointed in. I look behind me to see her running after me, she's catching up  so I start running even faster. I look behind me again but Arkarian isn't there. What the?!
"Keep up ice boy" a voice comes from above me, I look up to see Arkarian flying.
"Hey, that's cheating!" I yell at her. I can play that game too. I stop running and put up my hands towards Arkarians wings. I close my eyes and focus on freezing the water in the air around her and on her wings. When I open my eyes I see ice forming on her wings weighing her down. I can tell she's struggling to stay in the air.
"Whats wrong with my wings?!" she lands on the ground and pulled one of her wings around her shoulder to get a better look at it, she sees the little bits of ice all over her wing, than she notices I'm watching her.
"You did this?!" she screams at me.
"Yeah, so?" I say with a shrug.
"I can't fly now thanks to you!" she's ticked off. I hear something behind me, I turn around to see Deserae and Emily walking up.
"Look what the frick Matthew did to me!" she yells glaring at me, while she spreads out her wings.
"Hahaha, that's so funny," Emily laughs. Arkarian shoots her a glare.
"Umm...I mean it's not funny," I turn to look at Arkarian to see   Deserae is helping get off the ice.
"There, that's all of the ice," Deserae says stepping back. She pulls in her wings and turns around to face Deserae.
"Thanks," she says with a smile.
"Now let's go before ice boy freezes my wings again," she says while glaring at me.