Chapter 33

" HELLOOOOO??!!! ANYONE THERE!!??" I yell. The only response I get is startled birds flying up out of the trees. Okay calm down this is a trick, payback for what I did to Tyler. I walk around the campsite not seeing anyone. I sigh and look at the ground. 

" What is that?" I say as I bend down and I see the blood covered feather on the ground. The blood from my face starts to leave me. I start to feel dizzy and my vision starts to blur. 

" No, please no, oh God no," My voice shaking with each word. I stand up walking to the unlit campfire. I fall as tears start to run down my face like a waterfall. 

" Please no, they're all I got!" I scream putting my face in my hands. Between the tears, I see something shiny out of the corner of my eye, I stop crying long enough to get a good look at it. I try to stand but fall to the ground a cloud of dirt appears around me. I try again and I don't fall this time, it's replaced with shaking with each step I take but somehow  I make it over to what I saw and fall to the ground again, I pick it up and see that it's a tranquilizer dart. 

" I knew it they were taken," I said gripping the dart in my hand. I drop it and open my wings. 

" oww," I say, looking at my wing. On second thought I better walk. 

" I regret my stupid stunt earlier, if only I would've known what was going to happen I wouldn't have done that," I say as I try to stand again and find that I'm shaking less. I start to look for any sign in which direction they were taken.  Then I see it, decay and ice to the right of me. Leave it to them to leave me a trail to track them down. I smile as I try to run in the direction of the trail they left me. A plan starts to form in my head the farther down the trail left by my friends and I notice I can go faster and faster again because I stopped shaking. I smile, " Oh, they're in for it now," as I pick up more speed.  The tears shed minutes earlier long forgotten. 

(Matthew prov ) 

I wake up my vision blurry and my mind foggy, I try to sit up but I hit my head, " What?" As I look up to see a roof. " I'm in a cage," I say. I start to look around for the others but I don't see them. I'm all alone in a small windowless room the only other color besides my gray cage was the white walls. 

" Okay, let's see if this works," I say as I put my hands on the bars. They start to freeze and I smile. Once the bars froze I moved as far away from them as possible and kicked it but the bars didn't budge. 

" I see you've tried your " skills " to escape, that won't work because your ice does not affect the bars in any way of breaking it, my scientists cooked that up in the lab just for you," Says a voice I don't recognize. A door I didn't notice closes behind the unknown person. I can only see their shoes. 

" Who are you?" I ask trying to disguise my anger and disgust. The person just laughs. That just makes me even madder, I can feel my blood turning to ice as I struggle to control my powers. I will not let this person get what they want. I tell myself I feel my powers and anger subsiding. 

" I see you are easily angered," The unknown figure smirks," People call me Flint, I won't bore you with the details why," 

" Thanks," I say an edge in my voice. 

" Now, now, why so rude?" 

" For starters, I'm currently in a cage," I snap. 

" Oh, yes, my apologies," I see movement but I don't know what he did but the cage was gone the next second. My eyes go round. I get to my feet. I can finally get a good look at " Flint" besides the fancy shiny boots I could see from my cage. My blood turns to ice or at least felt like it. 

" Simeon?" I say. Well, I think it's him, he looks so different. He looks like a soldier. 

" Since when do you have powers?" I ask. 

" Oh, I've always had them, did you really think my sister was the only one who did?" I ignore the question. 

" Come back with us, we've been trying to find you for so long," 

" No, I belong here," 

"No, you don't! Everyone has been worried about you! Think about Deserae, your sister, she'll be heartbroken!" 

" No, she won't," " How do you think my men have been able to find you all this time?" 

" So, she was a traitor," I mumble. I have to get out of here. Simeon cackles. I take this as an opportunity, I run full speed at him ready to freeze him in his tracks. 

" That won't work on me," He says holding his hand out right at me. Next thing I know I can't breathe, I look at him my wide eyes filled with terror. 

" Don't worry I'll change your mind and you'll join me, you'd be a valuable asset to my team," He smiles his hand still pointed at me. 

Managing to choke out " I'll n-never join y-y-you," 

" Oh, we'll see about that," He smiles. 

Then everything goes black.