Chapter 26

( Arkarain prov) 

I wake up in a tree, I start looking around and I see a town in the distance. I jump down from the tree and start walking towards the town.  I finally got into the town and I start walking around. I don't know how I did it but I found a place to stay and the couple seemed nice and plus no death vibes coming at me, so yay for that. I stayed there for two weeks until they told me that there moving so I couldn't stay with them anymore. I thanked them for letting me stay with them for two weeks and then I left. Well, it was nice while it lasted. I left the town walking in the opposite way of the woods. I do find a small forest to walk through, or fly I should say.  

"I need to stay off the ground, knowing Deserae, Tyler, Emily and...Matthew there tracking me," I mumble to myself as I fly picking up speed above the trees since it's night.  Then I hear howls down below, I look down in a small clearing I'm flying over to see a pack of wolves running after a buck. I smile seeing that I'm not the only one that has killed to survive. Then I hear something else...in my head? 

"But there's no one else here besides the wolves and the deer down below," 

"Wait, what did I hear in my head?"I wonder, I close my eyes and focus on the voices in my head. It's not voices I hear, it's feelings, the feelings of the wolves, excitement, hunger, determined, that's what I hear...but how?! I land away from the pack of wolves, and watch. 

"It looks like they're having a hard time taking down the deer," I said walking towards the wolves. I stop.

"I should fly instead of walk because I have no idea what they're going to do," I say, I open my wings and fly over the wolves. 

"Well here goes nothing," I say as I close my wings and help pull down the buck for the wolves.  When the buck is finally killed I stand up. I realize my hands are covered in blood, I don't freak out like there's anything on my hands at all. Then I hear growling, I slowly turn around to see the pack of wolves growling at me, ready to kill. 

"I'm not here to hurt you," I say as I slowly back away as I open my wings. One of the wolves comes at me I jump into the air a moment before the wolf would've had bitten me. I fly higher until I know for sure they can't reach me and fly away. I fly away from the wolves as fast as I can, and not because of what happened with the wolves, it's because I felt someone else's feelings. Scared, mad, determined, longing. I freeze, realizing that it's more than one person's feelings I'm hearing. Oh god, it's them, I need to leave...NOW! I fly into the forest as fast as I can not looking back, hoping they didn't see me. 

(Matthew prov)

We get into a clearing, the first thing I saw was a pack of wolves eating a carcass. 

" You sure she was here?" I ask Emily, she nods her head. 

"Let's wait until they leave, it's safer," Tyler said behind me. I turn around to see that he's starting to set up camp. 

"NO, we can't wait, she's close I can feel it!" I yell at him. He slowly looks at me cool as ice. 

"It's not smart to approach the wolves, it's too dangerous," he says. 

"I get that, but we've faced more dangerous things than wolves," I replied not giving up that easily. 

" The wolves are not humans, they will kill the first chance they get," Tyler says his blue eyes glaring at me.  I take a step back remembering his power. Defeated I replied.

"Fine," Than I walk away to find a better place to watch the wolves. Two hours pass until they leave. I jump up and run out into the clearing not waiting for the rest of my team. The carcass is stripped clean of any meat but there's still a lot of blood and some on the ground. I freeze. Clearly in the blood is a pair of footprints. 

"She was here," I whisper.  

"I can't take it anymore! We were so freaking close!" I scream falling to my knees. 

" No," Deserae says somewhere behind me. 

"I found something," Emily says a little ways from where we were. I get up and walk over to her with a crying Deserae and a calm Tyler. 

"What did you find," Tyler asks. 

"This," Emily said holding up a crow's feather. 

"A crow lost its feather, so what?" I say. 

"Idiot, who do we know that has black feathers?" Deserae yells at me tears streaming down her face. I think for a minute, I must have had a puzzled look on my face because everyone got mad at me. 

" Arkarain does," Tyler practically screams at me. 

"Yeah, I knew that," I replied taking a couple of steps back. 

"Anyway, there's no way we can find her now, she flew away," Tyler said turning towards a different part of the forest. 

"What should we do?" Deserae asks whipping her eyes. 

"What else should we do," Tyler replied. 

"NO! We can't give up, we have to find her!" I yell at them. 

"That's not what I meant, we're still going to look for her," he said calmly.  

"How the hell can you be so calm when your sister ran away!?" I blurt out. 

"I don't have to worry about her, and your the reason why she ran away,"  He says giving me a dark blue eyed stare. No one talks for a minute. 

"I'm the reason she ran away?" I whisper. They all nodded there heads. 

"You guys knew?" I ask. 

"Why didn't you tell me?!" I yell. They look at each other then back at me.  Deserae opens her mouth to speak but Tyler cuts her off. 

"We thought the truth would be to hard on you," 

"YOU WHAT!?" I scream. 

"Well it's true," Emily said. 

"Look how well your handling the truth, this just proves our point," said Deserae. 

"What did I even do?" I ask with a sad look. 

"Umm...you called Arkarain a killer and she didn't have much choice so she defended herself and you hurt her and you didn't realize it," Emily says. 

"Now I need to find her even more then before," I say 

"Why?" Deserae asks. 

"Because I need to apologize," I replied. 

I'm going to find you and tell you I'm sorry.