Chapter 38

( Arkarian prov ) 

pain, lots and lots of pain, my back...

My eyes flutter from the exploding pain coming from my back making me conscious again. Then it hits me, the strong iron smell drowning out the pine from the forest. I open my eyes and try to move the muscles in my back scream at me. 

" AHH!" I yell and blood comes dripping out of my mouth. " God dang it!" I scream in frustration. 

Get up, you idiot! Your friends need you! I think gritting my teeth as I pull myself up onto my hands. I slowly push myself up onto my weak legs. I try looking around panting from the action. The air gets caught in my throat. 

" Oh, lord..." I say shakily as my eyes land on my beautiful black wings. My legs give out beneath me and I land on my knees hardly noticing as I pick up one of my wings. I run my fingers through the feathers as cold tears run down my face then they turn hot with anger. 

" I'm going to kill him!" I scream at the top of my lungs and in the distance birds take to the sky from the sudden noise. After my outburst, I go quiet and listen to the sounds around me and I hear running water I get to my feet dragging my wings not being able to part with them. When I reach the stream I fall to my knees at the edge of the water. I cup my hands then put them into the water feeling the cool mountain water run over my hands then take them out and bring them to my lips and drink the water before it leaves from the cracks. 

After I get my fill of the cold water I sit back and wonder if my friends are okay. Then I start to feel really weird. I down at my hands and notice the cuts and blood are disappearing and I'm feeling stronger. I stand up and grab my wings off the ground and put them up to my back and I notice out of the corner of my eye that they're healing and before too long I have my wings back. 

" Please don't tell me I'm Percy Jackson..." I say looking at my newly healed body. " Oh my God, I am exactly like him, well besides my wings but still," " Shut up you're talking to yourself like a crazy person," 

I role my shoulders feeling my wings move with my shoulder blades and I smile. I open my wings and jump. I feel them start to work and my body going up and up. 

" Yes! I'm back!" I yell excited. " Now, I'm going to get everyone back," I say looking around on the ground until I find the trail I was following and fly in that direction and begin following it again. It only takes me a few minutes to get to my destination. I silently land on a tree branch a few feet away from the huge building that shouldn't be in the middle of a forest. I use the leaves to camouflage myself so security cameras won't see me. 

Okay, good now for step two. Wait what is step two? Dang it, I never came up with one...Well, I'll do what I always do, roll with it. I jump off the branch and coast on my wings and go feet first through the first window I see.