Chapter 3

I'm in a tree evaluating the situation Matthews in. His legs hurt his right calf is cut and it looks deep. He's standing now, he's trying to walk but falls into a tree. I flinch feeling bad for him. I take a deep breath and jump from the tree right into a...bush. Great  I think there goes me trying to look cool.  

" Who's there?!" fear and panic clearly in his voice. 

" Chill out it's just me," I say brushing the dirt off my shorts 

"I've been out here all night trying to find you and then you come out of nowhere!" He's breathing hard but I can tell he's mad. 

"How do you know my name?"I ask him crossing my arms, changing the subject for the time the being.

" I heard that guy say it yesterday when you ran out," He says. 

" You must mean Simeon," I say with a nod. 

" Now do you want my help or not?" I ask. 

" Yes," He says embarrassment all over his face. 

" Okay, give me a minute to think what I should do to help," I say putting my hand on my chin. 

" What happened to you anyway?" I ask. He sighs.

" I got, caught in an old hunter snare," He says looking away from me. 

" That's it!" I say, I set down my backpack, unzip and pull out my jumper. I stand up and take my pocket knife out of my pocket. I walk over to Matthew with my jumper and knife I open my knife and it makes a click and I start cutting my jumper into pieces large enough to wrap and tie around his calf. I start rapping his calf with the pieces of the jumper. I get the feeling he's watching me. I look up to see he is. My face starts to heat up, I stand up fast, close my pocket knife grab my backpack and put the leftover pieces of my jumper back in. When I'm done I turn around to face Matthew again.
"As I saw earlier you can't walk on your own,"
"How did you see me it's not like you can fly," he says
"I was in a tree," I say pointing to the tree I was in.
"Oh...," I walk over to him and help him up.
"We should go, you need to get back to camp," I say. Even though its early morning we'll never make it back to camp today. I think while walking. I realize my stomach is trying to eat its self. Not to mention food and water I need to find that too its hard enough just by myself but with him now too it's going to be even harder. We don't get very far when our breathing gets hard.
"Let's take a break," I say helping him sit against a  big maple tree. We won't make it back to camp at this rate today or tomorrow. I think while trying to get my breathing back to normal. When my breathing is back to normal my survival instincts kick in, I can't bring myself to sit down, I start pacing back and forth. Make a plan, make a plan, Matthews in no condition to walk right now. Even though its early morning it's already starting to heat up. We'll also need food and water. Not much of a plan but it'll have to do for now. "Do you think you can walk now?" I ask turning around to face Matthew.
"Matthew!!" I scream.