Chapter 31

" Turn around so I can cut the rope for you," I turn around quickly and wait anxiously to be rid of the rope. 

" Done," Matthew says, I turn around smiling. 

" Thanks," I say still smiling. 

" Your welcome," He replies as his face turns a light shade of pink. Cute,...Oh no! I think I already feel my face starting to heat up. I turn away fast so he can't see my face red. He notices of course, 

" What's wrong?" He asks concern in his voice,

" Nothing," I say quickly not turning around,

" You sure?" 

" Yes!" I snap. " Sorry, I didn't mean to," I say quickly realizing I snapped. 

" It's okay," He replies, he grabs my arm, I don't stop him, he turns me around and I can see his face is bright red. A memory comes to mind when we kissed, I think he did too because his face turned a darker pink. I notice I'm staring at him, so I quickly look at my shoes. 

" Hey...," He says, I look up and he has this look on his face like he wants to kiss me. He gently cups my face and he starts to lean in and our lips graze each other when all of a sudden, 

" We're back!!" He drops his hands and moves away fast. I look to the right to see Emily, Deserae, and my brother. Deserae and I make eye contact and she has a smug look on her face, I know she knows what they walked into. I give her a glare but don't say anything.  Still hateful I see, why, you want to kiss him that badly? Comes a voice in my head. I know instantly whos speaking in my head. Face turning red as a tomato, No, bet you would've though, I think/ say in my head because I know she's still reading it. Her face turns a salmon color before she cuts off her link to my brain. I give her a smirk knowing I shut her up, for now at least. 

I give a deep sigh once she's not nearby, finally feeling some stress gone. I walk to the nearest tree and climb, once I'm high up enough for no one to see me I sit down and forget about my troubles for now. Laying on the branch I'm, back on the middle legs hanging from either side my arms behind my head using my hands as a pillow. 

I stare up at the leaves around me, watching the sun bounce off the different shades of green. Out of the corner of my eye, I see something move, I turn my head to see a blue jay grooming itself, sensing it was being watched it stopped and looked at me. No one moves, just yellow and black staring at each other. After a couple minutes the bluejay decides I'm not a threat and hops branch to branch until it's right next to me. 

" Why hello there," I say as if I was meeting a five-year-old child not wanting to spook it. It just cocks its head as if it was trying to process what I said. I give a small laugh, it doesn't even flinch. Noticing that I slowly sit up against the trunk, still not alarmed,

" ha, still not scared of me?" I say, 

"Let's try this then," I said as I slowly move my right hand out to it, it looks down and hops onto my arm. 

"Hmm, who would have thought," I say slowly moving my hand in front of me so we can look at each other. 

" How about you stay with me, I could use your help, what do you say?" I ask the blue jay. To my surprise, it puts out its foot as in the shake on it. 

" Haha, I'll take that as a yes, " I say as I shake his foot with my left hand. 

" Now, my new little friend, you need a name," 

" How about.....blue?" I ask it shakes its head.

" Okay, so not blue," 

" Okay, bluejay," I say putting out my left arm next to my right. 

" Are you a boy or girl, left is boy, and right is girl," I said, the bluejay hops to my left. 

"Okay, so you're a boy," 

" Well, this makes it easier to give you a name, how about...," I say thinking, 

" OH, I GOT IT!" I say as I practically yell at the poor bird. 

" Tristan! What do you think?" I ask him. He hops all the way up my arm until he was on my shoulder. 

" Haha, I'll take that as a yes then," I laugh as I feel his soft feathers against my cheek. 

" Hey, Tristan, there's something you need to know about me, if you're going to stay with me," I say as I stand up, he flys to the branch over, wondering what's going to happen next. I role my shoulders getting them all lose before I opened my wings. He flew back over and landed on top of my left wing, inspecting them, wondering where they came from. 

" Pretty cool right and they're not just for show either," I say as I get him off my right wing. He takes off flying through the trees, and well what was a girl to do but follow, but of course I'm no ordinary girl so I flew after him feeling the wind in my now short hair and feeling my muscles working in my wings from after not being used it seemed in forever.