chapter 12

( Arkarian Prov) 

"Wait for me!" I yell running after  Deserae. She looks back but  doesn't slow down. I finely caught up  to her and now  we're at the girls cabin. She opens the door and walks over to her bunk. It's in a corner she's the only one that has a bunk over there so she has the corner to herself. 

"sit." Pointing for me to sit on her bunk. She seems like a person you don't want to cross so I sit. She looks at me. I don't know were to look until I find my shoes and stare at them. Then she grabs her bags from the top bunk. She starts pulling clothes out of her suitcase. " stand up" I stand, she holds up a dark blue skirt. She puts the skirt on the bed and pulls white tall  boot converses out of her suitcase and hands them to me. " take these, lose the jacket and beanie" Des says grabbing and handing me the skirt and shoes. I go change and come back feeling vulnerable in a skirt and tall shoes. Deserae sees me " tuck in your shirt" I do as I'm told. 

" somethings missing, " des says 

" it's your hair," She says " how do you feel about your hair being black." She asks.

" I never really thought about it," I say with a shrug.

 " Well, your hair is going to be black" 

                                                                        * 2 hours later *

 " Hold still, I'm almost done with your makeup," des says. 

" Why are you doing this anyway?" I ask. 

" It's because my little brother asked and I have a feeling he likes you, also we're friends now." 

" Well, thanks Des," I say. 

" There, now you look like a punk rock girl that I can tell you are you just needed help to look like it, you already act like it," Des says taking a step back admiring her work. I stand up and look in the mirror, I don't even  recognize the girl that's looking back at me. She's wearing white tall converse boots, dark blue skirt a MCR T-shirt tucked in, black eye shadow, black lipstick, and long  black hair in a high ponytail. I smile knowing it's me and that I look awesome. " thanks des" I say as I turn around to look at her.  I feel more  confident than ever that's saying something,considering I'm wearing a skirt. I think as  I walk out of the cabin Deserae not far behind. I see my brothers but they haven't seen me yet,I walk over. 

" Hey, boys, Simeon girly enough for you?" I say feeling flirty chase gives a low whistle. 

" Don't look now Simeon but Arkarian's hot." Carter says, Simeon turns around " wow.....you look so different...IN A GOOD WAY!!" Simeon yells clearly blushing and embarrassed. I smile pleased with his reaction. " I'm hungry, let's go up to the dining hall, brothers, Deserae want to come?" I ask. 

" I'm not hungry I'll eat later, " des replies.  

" Us too, but I think Simeon is hungry," Carter says.

" uh...yeah, I'm hungry let's go," Simeon says blushing even harder. We walk up to the dining hall, we get our food and sit down. 

" You like me don't you," I ask  Simeon, he doesn't say anything for a few seconds. 

" Did Deserae tell you," he asks  staring down at his food. 

 "Simeon look at me." He looks up slowly. 

" I like you too, but not in that way, I like you as a friend," I say. 

" I had a feeling it was like that." He replies disappointment in his voice. On the way back no one talks. " I'm going  to leave camp now, I'm going back to the woods." I say to break the silence. 

" Can I come with you?" He asks.

 " Sure, but you need to think it over and talk to the rest of the D&D group." I say.

 " Let's do that right now." He says as we walk. They soon  see us. As soon as we walk up to them Simeon gets right to the point. 

" I'm leaving with Arkarian...to the woods like she does all the time I'll come back with her." They nod their heads saying  'yes'. I turn towards Simeon.  

" Go get your stuff, meet back here," I say, he nods and runs off. I run to my cabin and grab some of my clothes and change into pants and take off my makeup than I go back to where we are going to meet, he's already there " Let's go." I say walking up to him. 

" Try to keep up," I say with a wink. 

" I think I'll be okay," he says. I take that as a challenge and start running.