chapter 36

" All jokes aside, I have a mission for you," He said seriously.

" I'm listening," I say.

" Now, that you have proven that you're on our side, I want you to track down Arkarian and kill her," He said smiling devilishly. My expression stays indifferent, blank.

" Aww, I was hoping for some kind of reaction from you, but oh well," He said with a shrug. He pulls something out of his pocket and hands it to me I take it from him at look at it.

" All of the info you need for the job is on that tablet," I hand him back the tablet, 

" I already she's on her way here, her friends were taken she isn't going to allow that," I say smiling through my mask my eyes sharp and full of energy ready for the hunt. 

" I see, follow me," Flint walks past me and I follow. Not even 30 paces before he stops in front of a wall and puts his hand on it. 

" Scan complete...access granted..welcome commander Flint,"  Comes a voice out of invisible speakers. He smirks as the wall opens and gestures me to follow suit. I walk into the wall following him. He spins around on his heels and opens his arms smiling evilly. 

" Take your pick," 

" Secret weapons room," I mumble as I begin walking about the room filled with more deadly things I've ever seen in my life. I pick up a dagger and put it in my shoes for later and another in my sleeve, I also pick up a handgun and put it in the inside of my jacket and more ammo. By the ammo was smoke bombs and poison gas I slip a couple in my pockets. The last thing I grabbed was a pair of black gloves and returned to the middle of the room where Flint was waiting for me. 

" I hope you found something to your liking for the job," The same devilish smile on his face. 

" I did, and this is going to be fun," I said pulling on the black gloves mirroring Flints smile.

I slow my breathing to the point where I'm almost not at all listening and waiting.

I know she'll be coming this way, following the path left by my ice and right into my trap. I smirk from my hiding place up in a tree thinking about the look on her face when she sees me when I have a knife to her throat. I'm still daydreaming when all of a sudden I hear something and I go motionless. I look down and see her, Akrarian. She really is alive. I think. One of her wings is trailing behind her. I wait until she's almost ahead of me before I attack, I quietly take out the knife from inside my sleeve. 

Wait..wait...wait...almost...almost.NOW!  

I spring out of my hiding spot and go right for her. I land right on top of her. I pin her the ground.

" Who are you?! She says hiding her fear in her voice the best she could.  I laugh. I put my mouth by her ear. 

" Miss me?" I whisper. I felt her freeze. 

" Matthew..you're one of them?" It was more of a statement than a question. I laugh again. 

" Ten points to feathers over here," I say. " I'm going to let you up if you try anything I won't hesitate to kill you,"  I get up and move away from her. She gets up off the ground quickly glaring at me with hurt filled eyes.

" Now, now don't give me that look feathers," I say pretending to look hurt. 

" What happened to you?" She askes. 

" Oh, you like my new look?" I ask spinning around. She doesn't say anything. 

" Why are you here?" She asked even though she knew exactly why I'm here. 

" Don't try to lie, you know why I'm here," I say adjusting my gloves. 

" You're here to kill me," She replied taking a step back. 

" Give the girl a prize," I laugh. 

" We both know I won't let you," Arkarian glared. 

" You don't look so good though feathers, and well...I'm in tip-top condition to slit your throat before you even know what happened," I smile. She takes another step back holding her injured wing. I take one step closer and she takes one back and puts up her fists. I laugh. 

" That won't stop me," I say. She begins to take another step back but she can't and I watch the horror and shock on her face appear. 

" Oh, you've noticed," I said smiling taking off my gloves. Her feet are encased in ice. She looks down at her feet and I attack. I throw her to the ground knife to her throat smiling the biggest smile I've ever smiled. 

" Should I slit your throat and watch you bleed out or should I cut off your beautiful wings you seem so attached too," She tries to get out of my grasp when I talk about her wings not caring there's a knife against her throat making a line of blood appear on her neck. 

" Ooh, wings it is," I say. I flip her so her stomach is against the ground. 

" Don't you dare!" She yells 

" I dare," I reply. " Should we start with your injured one or your perfect one, I'll let you choose," 

" I pick neither," She spats. 

" Okay, the perfect one it is," I grab her healthy wing and stretch it out a little and put the blade to it. I start moving my hand back and forth. Arkarian is screaming threats and curses at me. By the time I'm done I'm sweating and she is bearly awake. She turns her head trying to look at me, we make eye contact and she shooks me a death glare that indicates she'll kill me the first chance she gets. I show her my blade and hand which is covered in her blood. Her face goes even paler than it already was. 

" Ready for the other?" I ask. 

" GET AWAY FROM ME!" She screams. 

" I'll take that as a yes," I grab her damaged wing and put my blade on it and begin moving my hand, it's followed by screams from Arkarian in pain once again. I throw the knife to the side when I'm done. I stand up and stack her newly cut off wings beside her so she could see. Her eyes were closed. 

" Come on way up, I'm not finished yet," I say standing in front of her as I peel off my jacket.

I bend down to look at her. I slap her face and I leave a perfect bloody handprint. 

" She doesn't seem to be breathing either," I stand up again and look at her back. 

" Plus her back is soaked in blood," I sigh. " I've killed her, I wish I could have tortured her a some more,"  

" Oh, well, " I say with a shrug. I pick up my things and start to head back then I stop and turn around taking a couple of feathers with me then leave. 

Mission accomplished