Chapter 16

( Arkarian Prov)

I open my eyes to see Deserae, and Matthew around my bed. I guess waiting for me to wake up? 

"Rise and shine sleeping beauty," Matthew says looking at me,I scoff at his comment.

"What are you doing here Matt?" I ask. 

" Don't call me that for one, and Deserae dragged me here she wanted to see you," he says crossing his arms.  I give Matthew a smirk getting the reaction I wanted. I then turn to face Des, her eyes are red and puffy, I can tell she's been crying. " Des," I say holding out my arms. we embrace in a long hug, I know she needs it. " I"ll  get your brother back. I promise." I say, Matthew scoffs at my comment like I did his, I give him the death glare that you don't want to mess with me. Des and I brake apart from are hug, Matthew stays quiet. 

"What's with him?" Des gives me a  puzzled. 

" He's fine," I say looking at him to make sure he plays along.  

" Yeah..I'm fine," he says. I give him a nod as in saying good job.

" I need to leave and track down Simeon...before it's too late," I say, my voice a mere whisper saying the last part. They both look at each other " what was that?" they say in unison. 

" It's nothing, just talking to myself, I need to leave, I need to find him," I say getting up off the bed and start to walk out. 

" I'm coming with you," Matthew says. I spin around so fast I almost fall over.

" Your what?!" 

" I said I'm coming with you, you can't do this on your own, your still recovering." 

" Do you know the woods? Do you know what it means to survive? Better yet do you know what your up against?" 

"......" 

" That's what I thought,  you don't and I do, I can handle this on my own I don't need your help." 

" You still need the help." 

Without saying another word I walk out. 

( Matthew Prov) 

Arkarian turns around and walks out without answering me. 

" GOD, Why is she so stubborn!!" I yell. 

" Shes the type of person that doesn't like asking for help when she needs it." 

I turn around to look at Deserae. 

" Your right, and thanks," I say walking out. 

( Arkarain Prov) 

As soon as I  turned the corner of the infirmary  I brake out into a run heading straight to the cabin to get supplies. I get to the cabin it's empty so I run to the bunk I used when I first got here. Yes!my stuff is still here! I find a backpack and start putting clothes and other supplies in it that I might need for my journey. I find a change of clothes, I go to the bathroom and take off my now  ripped shirt, I see the bandage, I slowly peel it off to look at the wound. " It's a lot better than it was but  it still needs  to heal though." I put a new bandage on my shoulder and finish changing my clothes. I find my pocketknife, put it in my clean jeans and I pull on my combat boots, grab my backpack and walk out of the cabin ready to track down some 'old friends' of mine. 

"You really think you can leave without me?" That better not be who I think it is. I turn around and yep, it is exactly who I thought it was. " Why are you here?" I ask putting my hands on my hips. 
"Because you need my help."
" Who told you that?"
"Oh, so you do need my help." He has a smirk on his face.
"Hey, I never said that!"
"Yeah, okay."
"You can't come with me, it's too dangerous."
"Ha, as if that's going to stop me from coming because there's danger. I'm still coming."
"This place I'm going I have spent the first ten years of my life at, they put me through difficult tests mentally and physically. That's also where I got my wi" I was cut short when I see someone walking behind Matthews' right shoulder. I can see perfectly who it is. Not her too. I think. I sigh.
"Why are you coming?" I ask.
"I'm coming because my brother was kidnapped, why wouldn't I come? I can't sit and wait for someone else to go save him. That's why I'm coming with you, and you can't stop me Arkarian,"
"Okay, but it's going to be dangerous." Deserae gives me a nod.
"Wait?! Why does she get to come without you talking her out of it?!"
"She has a legitimate reason to come, while you, on the other hand, don't unless you have a  freaking death wish," I said getting annoyed.

"I'm still coming," He says

" Me too," She says agreeing with Matthew. 

" Fine," I say defeated. I turn around facing the woods, I take a deep breath preparing myself for the journey ahead than I turn around to face my new comrades.

"Ready to go?" I ask. They both nod. "Let's go then," I say turning around facing the woods again. We're coming, Simeon.