chapter 13

( Arkarian Prov) 

"Wow, your fast....can you slow down!?" Simeon yells behind me. I start to slow down a little but  don't stop running. 

" Thanks, also where are we going?" He asks. 

" I don't know," I say. 

" Wait, you don't even know where we're going?!" Surprise in his voice as he stops running.

" What's the fun of knowing where you're going, it's an adventure, and besides your the one that wanted to come," I say as I also stop. 

" true, so it's like D&D but for real besides your powers and gear." He says with a smile. 

" exactly," I say. 

" It's getting dark let's  make camp here," I say taking off my backpack. 

 " Can you go find firewood," I ask.

" Sure," he says walking away. I climb a tree to see if there's a stream near by.

 " Arkarian?!" Simeon yells.  I lose my balance on the branch I'm on and fall to the ground. 

" Oww....why did you yell,?" I ask getting to my feet. 

" I thought you were gone...sorry...and what we're you doing in a tree?" He asks.

" I practically live in trees, and I was looking to see if there was a stream near here." I say crossing my arms.

 "Oh...sorry, " he says embarrassed.

" it's fine. I'm going to find food." I say. I turn around and walk away to find food. I come back 20 minutes later with a rabbit. Simeon sees me " wow, your a good hunter," He says amazed.

 " Well, you have to be to survive out here," I say.  This reminds  me of the nights I spent out here with Matthew. Stop, shut up brain, it's not like the nights in the woods with Matthew!  Why am I even thinking of that idiot?!  I go sit  by the fire and  stare  into the flames when all of a sudden I get a chill and Simeon notices. 

" stay right there, I'll be right back," he says as he gets up. He comes back with a blanket and puts it around my shoulders. " there, that should help" he says.

" Thanks, "I say looking up at him. The temperature is dropping lower than it usually does when I'm by myself.  A couple of minutes later movement catches my eye, I look over to see Simeon he's shivering.

 " your cold," I say 

" No, I'm fine" he replies. He's stubborn. I stand up and walk over to him, I wrap the blanket around him than I sit by him. " You know you didn't have to do that right." He says 

" I know" I reply closing my eyes. I feel him move around, I open my eyes to see him covering me with the blanket also, I move closer to him. " thanks" I say, looking up at him. 

" your welcome," he says, his face turning pink. 

" can I tell you something?" I ask.

"  Sure, what is it?" 

" It's nice to not be alone for once," I say.

" That makes me happy that you don't feel so lonely," he replies.

I stand up and without thinking I open my wings. " Oh my God, your like your character from D&D that's so cool!" He says jumping up the blanket falling to the ground. I pull my wings in and motion for him to follow. I run to the closest tree and start climbing. " come on, start climbing." I yell to him down below.  He smiles and starts climbing. We climb until we are above the branches and see the night sky. ".....This is amazing, now I see why you live in trees." He says amazed. A full moon and millions of stars are making up the night sky,I can't help but also be amazed, the sky is beautiful. I think staring up at the night sky.