• Chapter V

Up towards the sun we strive

Where our hatred will burn away.

Bright enough to blot out the marks

That stick to our skin so tightly.

Severus Snape always had been in love with Lily Evans

Severus Snape always had been in love with Lily Evans. They practically lived next door. When he realized that she was just like him, they started to spend time. And just like that, he was in love, thinking that it would stay like that forever. But as he met the unknown blond that stood up to the idiot named James Potter, the same thing as with Lily was there. The more he learned about the girl with fierce looks and delicate personality the more his feelings developed.

The girl didn't failed the slightest on embody what he had always wanted in live. And soon, his feelings for her outgrew those for a specific redhead, especially as she began to distant herself from Severus. So Victoria was left to stay in the focus of those dark eyes, and the boy noticed what kind of love he developed.

 And he didn't even question it.

Maybe that was one reason why he hated James and his gang. While Victoria embodied everything the boy had ever wanted to have in his life, James Potter was everything he wanted to be. Sometimes Severus was even grateful for James because the enamored boy managed it to obviate every date the blond ever tried to go on. From hexing the boy himself to having his pranks result in the same destruction causing the rage of the girl only to grow. It is not like he didn't care that James constantly asked her out. He despite the messy haired boy for that, but with Victorias feelings staying the same towards the boy, he could endure it, as long as it stayed with them being close and them seperating more and more

So after not talking to her for the first days back in Hogwarts and then see her laughing with her dormmates and the marauders was something he didn't like at all. His mood got worse when he saw her with Potter. Smiling at Potter.

Snape some kind understood her actions as he knew about her brother and what it meant, but not handling rebuff good he was just angry at Potter, even angry at her for being nice to Potter. 

 "Vic! ," he exclaimed when he came near her, his voice coming out a little desperate as he feared on losing the blond in the crowd that exit the hall after dinner. Victoria didn't forget about the black-haired but was about to say sorry the next day but seeing him without his friends Avery and Mucliber made her throw her plans overboard. Turning towards her best friend, she ran towards him, stopping a few steps in front of him.

"Sev - I am sorry-"Victoria started, the vulnerabilty mixed with happiness on talking again to the boy, hearable in her voice. 

James meanwhile watched the scene where Severus immediately accepted her apology - as if he would have ever done otherwise - a glare made for the slytherin makings its way up his face.