• Chapter XII

Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, 

and her laughter was a question he wanted  to spend his whole life answering.

— Nicole Krauss, The History of Love

"Okay, show me again." Flicking her wand at the feather in front of her, Lily managed to duplicate the object. The blond next to her watched her movements closely, inwardly remembering even the smallest details before trying it on her own.

And just like she saw it seconds ago, she repeated the process just with the end result of having one of the feathers burnt down. Immediately a groan escaped her lips and with lying her head on the table, her frustration was perfectly displayed. "Why? ," she groaned out, slightly louder as she intended, causing Madame Pince to send her an icy glare. 

In a somewhat soothing way, Lily patted her head. "Common it's not hard. I bet the next time it will work. You know all the information about the spell, so you only need to manage to duplicate something. "

"We are now practicing for over an hour. , " she said, skeptical rising an eyebrow at Lily. The redhead shortly remained speechless based on the fact that the girl in front of her indeed was right. After their last lesson for the day, Potions, the girls had made their way to the library and since then had spent their time doing their homework and learning for upcoming tests like in Transfiguration, which the main task leaves Victoria, frustrated and unable to complete, behind.

"At least you're doing great in all the others subjects." Victoria almost laughed at the failed encouraging smile Lily had on her face.

"You say that as if Care of magical creatures and charms weren't the only subjects my mind seems to like to keep remembering. Alone for Herbology I have to work my ass off just to get a descend mark." Her head was now laid again on the table sideways, letting her still be able to look into Lily's green eyes and for that, perfectly showing her best friend her frustration. Maybe it was due the dramatic desire she shurly had gottan from Cayden, but Victoria wanted her friend to see the blue feeling she held in her eyes.

"Okay, stop whining. You, just like I do now, need a break so -" shutting their books" we talk about something else. " The stern look she sends her best friend only resulted in her lifting her head, irony now laced in her voice.

"Lilyflower, we have that test tomorrow. I have to get it, otherwise, I'll fail and you know just as much as I do that that is not an option." Lily knew that that was true, yet she wouldn't let her friend get away with it that easily. Otherwise Victoria would fall back in old actions that usually came up once frustration rised again. Besides that, she worked on gettin her best friend to a healthy relationship towards her emotions, even if she has to start with frustration.

"Yes, but when we make a 30 minute break you still have hours and if you don't manage to be able to duplicate that freaking feather, I will practice with you over dinner and through the night." Lily didn't need a nod to know that she somehow willingly agreed as she kept the books closed.