• Chapter VI

Close your eyes and picture the sun.That's what it felt to love her; warmth.

— A t t i c u s

Hagrid's hut wasn't hard to find

Not from the giant man that was usually spotted in front of the house - laying on top of the highest hill to be found on Hogwarts grounds brought its advantage to finding it.

But even hidden in the deepest place of the forbidden forest, in the darkest of nights, Victoria could walk towards the hut with her eyes closed. Visiting a certain place once a week had this advantage, she certainly was using then, when the usual short way seemed like a kilometer-long hike through the Arctic, because of the strong Scottish winds. Cold air kissed her skin, and danced through her hair, leaving both in a complete mask.

But this didn't really matter when she was finally able to introduce Cayden to one of her favorite people in the world. The siblings occupied their time on the way with chatting, even when it was more the boy telling her about his first week in Hogwarts. The friend he had already made seemed to bring a bright smile to either face. She didn't expect anything else from him than making friends faster than she did. He continued telling her about his first lessons, excitement bubbling when he finally reached the part of his first potion lesson. In the end, he mentioned the letter he got from their aunt Lola.

Victoria knew if one person would feel the pride of a non-Gryffindor Atkinson it would be Lola Wiliams. She had always been as quick as Victoria when it came to patronizing Cayden. And even when she found herself in the position of being Jacob Atkinson's best friend, a man mostly cold towards his surrounding, she had always been a ray of sunshine.

While the women wasn't their real aunt, she was still Victoria's godmother and a main figure in the family. Even when it had caused true chaos breaking out between the Atkinson's, she still took that position for her goddaughter. The witch grew up being best friends with Jacob Atkinson and even if the Quidditch player was very strict with the family rules, he named a halfblood Hufflepuff the godmother of his first born child.

And even if Kalina and Leathan Atkison did not agree with their son's decision at first, they looked away from it, because otherwise, their son had obeyed all family rules. That was what they had been telling him when they finally said yes. Truth was that they had been more and more criticized for preferring purity in blood, and dragging Lola more and more into the family picture ended those comments.

The youngest Atkinson told her about the letter he got from Lola, saying how proud she is of him being in Slytherin. She had rutted for Hufflepuff but was happy about not being the only not Gryffindor anymore. And the thought alone of the pride Lola would have felt when Cayden would be in Hufflepuff made a smile appear on both of their faces. A smile so bright to outshine the darkness of the howler received only this morning.