• Chapter XXXIII

We laid there, underneath the stars, as fickle as we were, and I asked you what you thought we were. You pointed up into the sea of stars and said we were like the stars.

That bit by bit, moment by moment, we were reaching our destiny of exploding in a flame of passion.

— N I C H O L A S   B R O W N E

14 people had been murdered the night of the 9th September 1976

14 people had been murdered the night of the 9th September 1976. 14 lives just ended, with nothing more than a switch of a wand, and a belief in what was right and what was wrong. The oldest one had been 76, the youngest 4. 7 of them had lived in south scottland, near Melrose. The other 7 not even 10 miles away from Hogsmead. The first victims were overpowered in the middle of the night, dying in almost complete silence, unarmed. Their bodies were found 3 hours after the attack when one supposedly had to arrive at his shop in a bakery. 1 hour after that, the next death found its way into the night. This time they fought, so long that even Auror were able to join the fight. 7 still died. In addition to that, 1 of the attackers and 2 auror. 

Zipporah Lansington (pureblood) (50)

Thomas Lansington (muggle) (50)

Esther Lansington (half-blood) (17)

Sarah Lansington (half-blood) (17)

Charles Barlen (muggleborn) (24)

Agnes Manheim (muggleborn) (60)

Linton Manheim (half-blood) (64)

Freddie-James Pinkerton (muggleborn) (38)

Elsie Pinkerton (half-blood) (41)

Florence Pinkerton (squib) (10)

Harper Pinkerton (half-blood) (6)

Noah Pinkerton (half-blood) (4)

Ivy Hallewell (muggle-born) (34)

Theodore Hallewell (half-blood) (12)

Evan Gresham (half-blood) (31)   In-service for 7 years

Lewis Lynn (pureblood) (49)   In-service for 20 years