• Chapter XXV

we ignore truths for temporary happiness

Victoria had been 4 when her grandfather had taught her the importance of a neat room

A room held messily tells to much about you. The proportion of casual wear to formal or work wear will also tell something of their day, what information you hold from books and notes, which person means more to you than others by photos placed around the room, determine a person's financial status...A messy room told too much about yourself. For one person coming out of a family full of Aurors and working towards being one herself, the lesson never left her mind. It hadn't mattered that people knew where she lived, it had just stuck there. From the writing desk made out of Ebony to the bookshelf in which she only kept the books she had from school - everything couldn't be described as something other than neat. Just like her bag.

The expensive suitcase in front of her was filled with a variety of clothes, all perfectly folded and placed, probably being twice as many things as she had arrived with at home. The other one she had already filled up, was placed next to this one, taking up together half of the bed. The last item of clothing was placed, both bags were closed and levitated towards the door.

With a small satisfied smile, she put her wand back into her hair, placing the last items to their rightful place. The one where she was most careful about happened to be 32, perfect cupcakes, each one meant for one of the house elves. She knew that she wouldn't manage to give them in person. For that, she placed them on the small table near her couch, having hoped that they would discover the treats before one of her family members did.

The letters on her bed even were been seated perfectly open, next to her bag. She hadn't - had time to answer - any of them, for that having pushed back the feeling of guilt with the bought of the most diverse of things from the most diverse of countries she had visited in this short period of time after the family ball.

For her fathers new made relationships, the whole family had spent the rest of the holidays in nearly 4 different countries, each trip getting Victorias sleep rhythm in the wrong direction. The girl herself had only cast a short glance towards the white envelopes, adverting it again at the sight of the upper letter, knowing fully well whos apology it held.

The bag stripes adjusted, Victoria made herself down the stairs, keeping her gaze on her feet till she knew she found herself in the entrance hall, both of her suitcase touching the floor shortly after her feet. The only other person in the space had been Cayden. But the boy didn't even seem to notice his sister as he seemed way too deep into a book held. She immediately recognized it as the one she had given him for his birthday.

Shuffling over to him, she put a hand on his head, ruffling his hair and catching with that his attention.

" Stop. ," the whining boy made the girl smile, chuckling at the almost comical behavior of the boy who tried on fixing his hair. Looking up at her he immediately flinched back in an almost comical way. As it couldn't be from her hair, who was perfectly put in a french braid, she knew he intended the bags under her eyes.